sights way off some times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sights way off some times.

i don't know if this is just my computer or if other people are getting it. when i play sniper every so offen the sights are off. i've shot 12-15 round and didn't hit a thing, but my shots where right on. so i switch to pistol and shot a few rounds into the ground in front of me (close range) switch to the sniper rifle and now i can't miss. this has happed to me around 20 times.

well lastnight i was playing medic and i'm right behind a guy and i empty a full clip into his back. not one hit, i thought i saw my rounds hitting the ground by his feet. it also wasn't bad hit boxes since i didn't see any puffs of dust coming off of him. so i pull the pistol and empty it into a wall and then i can hit what i aimed at.

i did get a funny shot after that playing medic. there was a sniper on a tall roof and you could just see the gun and the edge of his head. i went to spot him but the gun shot one round and killed him with a head shot :laugh: the gun wasn't even zoomed in.

anyone else ever notice this?

Re: sights way off some times.

Originally posted by 74javelin
    anyone else ever notice this?
    not anymore, we've all accepted it as bf2

Comment

a few things you need to know:

1.) if it is a distance shot, compensate for bullet drop

2.) if you actually hit someone in bf2, chances are the hit didnt register

Comment

yup, we all have. theres a thread in tips and tricks i believe about it. someone may have to back me up though

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
          a few things you need to know:

1.) if it is a distance shot, compensate for bullet drop

2.) if you actually hit someone in bf2, chances are the hit didnt register
          i know about hits and it not registering. but i wasn't even hitting the guy. i was right behind him and if you hit them and it doesn't register you'll see dust fly off him and you can hear it hit.

trust me i don't snipe much but i have no problem hitting guys on wake from the us spawn island. but i was missing very close shots. i got in the server and went threw two mags without a hit before i tried the pistol and then i hit every shot after that. since then i pull the pistol out after a few misses sniping.

this was the first time i noticed it with another gun. i think now i know why some rounds i couldn't hit any thing.

Comment

I had two upgrades to use yesterday so I got the L96A1 and the G3. Jumped into a map with the G3 and let off a few short bursts at some guy. No hits so I change to single shot and tried again, still no hits. I got closer and just let rip this time and i could see the rounds going round this guy but no hits not a single one.

Might just try your trick and see if it works.

By the way I didn't want to start a new thread with this queary as it's probably me being dumb, but I have both sniper unlocks but can't seem to choose the L96A1 once in game. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by gypsyd01
              but I have both sniper unlocks but can't seem to choose the L96A1 once in game. Any ideas?
              1. are you playing vanilla?
              2. can you use any unlocks?

Comment

Someone had a post like this before a long time ago I think

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000
                  1. are you playing vanilla?
                  2. can you use any unlocks?
                  No not playing vanilla but I am using other unlocks!

Comment

Hmm sounds like maby just a restart of your computer might help or defrag it helpd me.

Comment

Originally posted by 7man
                      Hmm sounds like maby just a restart of your computer might help or defrag it helpd me.

not sure if your talking to me or not. but i alway restart before i play and the HD was defraged not long ago and did a clean windows install around 6 months ago. i get frame rates in the 60's-90's

dam, had another odd thing today. the game won't let me run low terrain with out giving be huge black spots and hills since patch 1.41. today i changed my setting and when i got into the game everything was maxed. so i check the setting and there where i set them. D-shadows was off in the setting but on high in the game what a pain 1.41 has been for me. i believe the setting are right now. but D shadows looks like it's on low not off like i have in the setting.

Comment

this thread mite help for longer distances
                        http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ight=crosshair

Comment

I thought there is no bullet drop in BF2?

Comment

Working...
                          X