Unmodified Content causes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmodified Content causes...

Can making an attempt to modify the front-end music cause the error? In detail, I switched out the menu_music.ogg file (found in \mods\bf2\Common_Client.zip\Sounds\Menu\music) for another song which I named the same; you'd think this would work. Before starting BF2 to try out the new music, I made a change in the English.txt localization file (I added ".ogg" to the end of the command for running out of ammo&meds. Why? Because you see the subtitles in-game, but you don't hear the player saying it; I thought adding this suffix could make it work).

After doing these two things and running BF2, no music would play at the front-end, so I figured this modification just couldn't be made successfully, no problem. I decide to close BF2 and go back into the music folder and replace the new song with the original crappy music (which I saved to desktop). Now the original music is in place, all is good, right?

*Keep in mind that I did not attempt to join a server when I first ran BF2 after the modification*

So now I'm at the front-end with the old music, back to normal. The only thing I have yet to do is join a server to see how my localization file content-change turned out. I connect to my clan server (I tried others later) and before I can spawn, I receive the Unmodified Content error.

Now I'm pondering this...

Did the past music switch-out cause this error?

Or did the change I made to a localization file command cause the error?

Here's what I've tried: I went back into the localization text and removed the ".ogg" from the commands which I added it to. Now everything is back to where I started from, when everything worked a few hours before I started all this stuff.

However, I fix it all, restart my PC, and try to join a few servers... Unmod. Content error. Back to my original question, if I accidently removed/added a mere space to a localization file command, would I receive the error?

Of course, if this is not the case, then it must be the music file change I made in Common_Client.zip. Again, the regular music is in place. Could a past change (that has been changed back) cause the error as well?

Sorry to make this so damn complex, I just regret making so many changes before trying to join a server; as, if I were to make small changes, and join a server after each small change, it would be fairly easy to find the problem.

:cry:

Re: Unmodified Content causes...

Probobly did.
    Thats like editing other files on bf2.

Comment

Instead of editing my post, I'll just reply so it'll bump the thread as an addition...

I just copied localization files from a legitimate source into my old local.'s as a replacement, so that narrows down the possibility of the local.'s being the cause of this error.

All that's left is how I changed the front end (main menu) music. Last time I ran BF2, 10 minutes ago, the music worked normally. I suppose it's simply the fact that I modified it in the first place... so I'm stuck with this "Revert your version to the current official version to join" error for some reason; even with virtually everything back to default.

I'd really like to avoid a reinstall if possible.

Comment

ahh, sorry... reinstall was going to be my advice.

it doesnt take all too long, and for what its worth, i'd do it..

Comment

Working...
        X