Problem With Mini Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Mini Image

Ok, I have two machines (One machine is the one I cant get patched).

But, on this machine, the fully patched version, I cant get the game to load off the mini-image.

Basically, I mount the image using Daemon Tools, the MDS file. Load the game, it starts, auto-configs, then black screen and CTD.

Does anyone know why?

The game was installed using a geniune CD, and I'm using the image off here -

http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games...lefield%202%20[ALL]%20No-DVD/Fixed%20Image%201

The one im using is Battlefield 2 [ALL] No-DVD/Fixed Image #3

Can anyone help me? Yesterday I tried using a different one, a no-dvd exe, but got the unmodified content error when trying to get onto a server.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Re: Problem With Mini Image

make your own image, its a trivial thing to do....I wouldnt rely on 3rd party kit, you dont know where its been.

Comment

i made myself a image of my SF disk(dvd) its about 1.xx gb but it does the job at loading bf2 and SF.

note i made the image from my own disk so i dont know if it will work with those link u posted.

Comment

big image lol, I stopped mine at 80 meg and it works fine however it can be even smaller than that.

instructions here

Comment

The problem I have, is my DVD is cracked. I've got an ISO off the original game, but when I mount that, it still asks for the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by B17AD K
            Ok, I have two machines (One machine is the one I cant get patched).

But, on this machine, the fully patched version, I cant get the game to load off the mini-image.

Basically, I mount the image using Daemon Tools, the MDS file. Load the game, it starts, auto-configs, then black screen and CTD.

Does anyone know why?

The game was installed using a geniune CD, and I'm using the image off here -

http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games...lefield%202%20[ALL]%20No-DVD/Fixed%20Image%201

The one im using is Battlefield 2 [ALL] No-DVD/Fixed Image #3

Can anyone help me? Yesterday I tried using a different one, a no-dvd exe, but got the unmodified content error when trying to get onto a server.

Thanks in advance,

Brad
            Did you back up your original exe? if you didnt you will have to reinstall BF2.
            Dont use the no cd/dvd cracks, only the mini images.

is your original disc a cd or dvd? you can only use ythe cd images with the cd version and the dvd image with the dvd version

Originally posted by Mad Ad
            make your own image, its a trivial thing to do....I wouldnt rely on 3rd party kit, you dont know where its been.
            w/e you say, ive been using mini images from GCW for years and never had a problem.

Comment

Ok, the game was installed off the original DVD.

Trying to use the DVD images gets me no-where, it asks for the instalation disc 1. Or something.

Anyway, for some reason, using a ***** fixed exe gets the game loaded. Where as mini images don't, but then I get kicked for modified content, even though I downloaded the two PB htm files and put them in the PB folder.

HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by B17AD K

dont use the ***** crack. you should be able to run with just the mini-image and daemon-tools. does that machine start bf2 ok with the cd in the drive? it sounds like more of a bf2 issue than an image issue.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

But without the ***** crack, jsut using the image files, NOTHING happens. Just CTD.

At least with the ***** crack, I can get the game to boot. And on my other machine, I cant even get it patched.

Comment

Working...
                  X