which is better: crowded, or uncrowded servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is better: crowded, or uncrowded servers

I've been debating this one lately in my head. Which is more fun to play. Crowded servers, or servers with just a few people.

To me, they both have advantages and disadvantages:

Crowded Server Advantages: You get in the action pretty quickly. Can find someone to kill or get killed by fairly easily. You can spread your guys out and attack multiple flags at one time, therefore spreading out the opposition.

Crowded Server Disadvantages: You got teammate competition for vehciles, espcially aircraft. With more people in the game, the chances are higher that you'll get some ******* will do something dumb near you such as giving away your position when you're sneaking up on that tank with C4 (he'll shoot it with his SRAW, drawing its attention).

UnCrowded Server Advantages: Well, opposite of the disadvantages really. You'll have a chance to get that chopper. You can freelance a little better without the threat of someone sneaking up on you. Games last much longer, netting you higher points per round. You can get round based badges/ribbons this way.

Uncrowded Server Disadvantages: Teamplay doesn't exist AS MUCH. Usually in servers that have just 6 to 8 players, 90% of them will be in the air. So, when a flag is taken, it's getting bombed right away. You cannot draw the attention of the enemy to other flags usually since only one is being taken at a time.

So, what's your opinion?

Re: which is better: crowded, or uncrowded servers

in between, around 25-35 people is ideal for me

Comment

# ppl on server

16:16

32:20's

64:mid 40's

Comment

i prefer a full 64 server

- Dodge -

Comment

About 50% max capacity.

Comment

crowded servers are better for games IMO
            less populated servers are better to practice skills

Comment

I like full 32's

And for 64, I don't really like FULL 64 too much. Maybe around 45-55 is pretty good.

Comment

I like full 64 IO city servers.

Comment

I kind of prefer less crowded...its not really fun when you can spawn in and be killed 5 seconds after spawning because there are like 20 bad guys around lol. Kind of why I stick to 32 player servers, enough people to have a good game but not too few were all you are doing is running back and forth between points and never even seeing the badguys...which is really boring lol

Comment

32slot is fun for a while, but 64 = more kills

I have a second with 50slots, I want to see full in action.

Comment

if you want points, play on sever 12 vs 12 BIG map .

if you want fun fun fun action DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH :P play on 64 player

also i find a lot of 64 sever are host'd by retarts and my ping is high and sometimes small lags just pisses me off .

i think 24 / 12 vs 12 = best all around maybe 14 / 14 no higher

Comment

Originally posted by adamantell
                        if you want points, play on sever 12 vs 12 BIG map .

if you want fun fun fun action DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH :P play on 64 player
                        or 30 guys standing on the carrier.

Comment

I will die much much more on crowded servers, since the likelyhood of spam grenades, artillery, random enemy rounds fired in your direction, etc. adds up the deaths bigtime.

On less crowded, I die less and the gunfights are more fun, but there are too many caps of undefended flags, only to be capped again when you leave, which can make the game boring fast.

Comment

Full 64 Air maps insane amount of noobs. I try to stay away from those

Comment

Ahh depends you should go in server that have 20-40 people 64 is to big round goes to quick and 10 people servers takes forever to end but you get mass points.

Comment

Working...
                              X