Problem Since 1.41Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Since 1.41Patch

Since installing the 1.41 patch myself AND my cousin have experienced the same problem.

My Specs First:-
    P4 3.2GHz
    Asus P5AD2-E Premium MOBO
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition 256MB PCI-E
    2GB DDR2 Kingston RAM
    2x 250GB SATA
    Latest drivers for Radeon X850 Series (installed again today)
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Windows Firewall
    10MB Cable Modem
    Acer AL1912 19" TFT Monitor

Ok so i built this setup around a year ago and never had a single problem with anything until last week when i decided to play BF2 again for the first time in a month or two. Upon loading the game i realised there was a new patch so i downloaded it (1.41 patch) and went on the game. Everything was fine for the first 10 mins, great graphics and gameplay as usual. Then next thing there was a ton of little squares showing up on the screen. I checked my PC inside and out not a problem. Installed the latest drivers for my card, still no change. My cousin is also having the same problem and the only common thing we can think of is the patch that we installed around the same time. Anyways i will include a before and after screenshot and hopefully someone can help me out or point me in the right direction. I would appreciate any feedback.

BEFORE:-

AFTER:-

Re: Problem Since 1.41Patch

It could be your video card is over heating try taking the cover of the case off and put a fan on it run bf2 and see if anything changes. Other than that just reinstall

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I have already removed the side panel off the case and i have plenty of fans inside already. I would appreciate any other suggestions anyone has to offer. Thanks again.

Oh btw i just want to point out i have nothing overclocked. Its 2am here right now and i got to get my head down for the night. Please post your opinions and i can check them first thing in the morning and try everything.

Comment

I was talking like a room fan set that next to it

Comment

Very strange artifacts that i never saw before. Just reinstall bf2. And check in 1.0... All i can think off right now.

Comment

Ok guys i figured out. The card WAS overheating but not because of a lack of fans. There was alot of dust built up inside the fan and i guess it was stopping the cool air from circulating throughout the card properly. Got a few cotton buds and cleaned all the dust out and the temperature has dropped dramatically, obviously because the card isnt pushing the fan to the limits to compensate for the lack of cool air. The game works amazing as always again. Guess it was just a coincedance that the problem arose the same time i installed the new patch! Hate coincedance's!

Anyways thanks all the same for the replies! Like i said before i appreciate you taking the time to try and help.

L8R
            VIPERTHESNIPER

Comment

Working...
            X