Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

ok i just got BF2 the other day, and i installed it and the patch and all, and when i attempt to start up the game all i get is my screen flashes black a few times and back to the desktop screen...

please give me advice as to what to do...

thank you

Dragula

Re: Help Please

Use the full patch, not the incremental.

Make sure your video card is updated.

Also, post in the correct forum... it helps get your questions answered in a more timely manner.

Comment

1.41 is the current patch and is only available as a full download. Redownload it from another source to confirm you don't have a corrupted copy. Reinstall it.

Simon

Comment

Redo.

Comment

can you give your system specs plz

if you dont know what they are,

Start > Run > dxdiag . Get the Processor & Memory from the System tab, Graphics card from Display tab & the sound card from the Sound tab

Comment

i did dl and install patch 1.41

processor: intel(r) Pentium(r) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
            Memory: 512MB RAM
            Graphics Card Name : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
            Sound Card Name: SB Audigy Audio [DF80]

Comment

First off, you have far too little RAM to run this game. Secondly, your video card is much too old, and the game will not run on it. Sorry.

Comment

lol wow this comp is custom made and 2 years old and it won't play... that's kinda bad, for recent games and all... but w/e...

thanks anyhow...

Comment

Well, I'm not really sure, but 2 years ago, that system I don't think would have been TOO powerful. As well, the entire GeForce 4 series is unsupported by Bf2 because it is extremely old. And 512mb of RAM is simply bad, and it has been for QUITE some time. If you need help upgrading I'd be glad to help.

Comment

Wow people can save money if they read the system requirments before buying something.

Comment

imma try and get some gift cards for Christmas and get this thing upgraded like graphics and ram and all that, any suggestions as to what i should get?

and MrPopTart01, if tou could please show me specifically where on the BattleField2 Deluxe Edition Where The System Requirements Are...? becuz just to make myself look like a ******* i just looked all over the box for it and there are none... and yes i did read the fine print...

Comment

My bad dude i could of sworn there was requirments for it on either the booklet or box

My bad dude i could of sworn there was system requirments on the box or booklet but there isnt. But you could of gone to the system requirments labs website and it will tell you if your computer can handle any game thats on there list

Comment

Working...
                        X