New patch ctd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patch ctd

I have installed the new patch and when I try to go online it ctd, works fine in single player, any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Whoop

Re: New patch ctd

I'm guessing its a 1.41 patch. I've tried to solve loads of these problems in the past. Nearly all of them were fixed by uninstalling the game completely, reinstalling it and applying the latest full patch again.

But then again, we can probably help you better if you can give more information about the CTD - what part of going online etc.

Comment

I have done 2 full reinstalls, it ctd when I try to log on to my account, so I can play online,it also crashes when I try to retreve my account to play offline
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Whoop
        I have done 2 full reinstalls, it ctd when I try to log on to my account, so I can play online,it also crashes when I try to retreve my account to play offline
        Thanks for the help
        Possible firewall issue--do you use a firewall? Have you allowed BF2 access to the internet? Say this because the patch will modify the bf2.exe, forcing a new check under most firewalls, then (obviously) reinstalling would do the same.

Comment

I have tried running it without the firewall on, still crashes when I try to log on to my account, even in single player
          Thanks

Comment

I have reinstalled this game at least 10 times in the last couple of days trying to get this new patch to work, first I d/l the 1.41 and I thought that Jesus would be back before the file d/l, put that in an all I get is crash ctd when ever I log on to the account server,so I uninstalled the game AGAIN and d/l the 1.3 patch then I d/l the 1.3 to 1.41 incremental in hope that If I put in the 1.3 patch then I could patch with the 1.3 to 1.41. I run the 1.3 patch to find that it was corrupt, BIG SURPRISE, d/l it again which then I heard Jesus had returned, and when I go to install it the patch fails, what fun. I havent play the game in over a year and now I remember why. Its pretty sad when you spend more time trying to get it to work, then being able to play it. I'm hopeing that when jesus gets to my house he can help me get this game to work, untill then I'm done fking with it and screw EA and thier idiots who call themselves programers.

I would like to thank those who offered suggestions, I appreciate it

Comment

Hardware specs please?

You could also try reinstalling directx--current version is 9.0c from Micro$oft's website. I don't know if it will fix the issue, but that wouldn't hurt, and that is one of the software specifications that have changed in the last year since you played the game.

Comment

I have that installed, it came with the game 9.0c, I have the game up & running, retail version, plays fine untill I patch it

I have an ati 9600 vid card,( just installed new drivers) intel 3.6ghz pros, 1gig ram (going to up it another gig ) sound blaster legacy card

Thanks my friend, much appreciated

Comment

Emm you cant have a 1000 gb of ram you must mean 1 Gig of ram. Yes the game did come with direct x but that was almost 2 years ago. It has been updated. Your patching failed because you downloaded a full patch and tried to patch with an incremental dont say the game sucks just because your not patching right. Have you ever tried to clean out your PC maybe its covered in dust and is on fire everytime you start bf2. Have you ever done adaware virus scans anything like that. Theres a few more things you can do before you start yelling at the game

Comment

Yes I have 1 gig, no i didn't try to patch with an incramental, I patched with the 1.41, which didnt work, so my thought was to patch with the previous patch, and then patch with the incremental. I even ran a virus scan (I should have thought of that all by myself) and then I got out my dust rag and fire extinguisher and guess what, it still don't work. one more thing, I never said the game sucks and I dont remember yelling.
                    Thanks for your suggestions

Comment

Hmmm...yeah. I had a 9600xt when the game first came out. Played the game alright; rest of specs are on the plus side...
                      hmmm...

the full 1.41 patch should work, too. if yours failed, then suggest you try a different site for a better file. a corrupt download has almost *got* to be the problem.

p.s. glad you got out of Cambodia with your hide. proud of you, too.

Comment

[p.s. glad you got out of Cambodia with your hide. proud of you, too.[/quote]

Thanks, I dont know how old you are, but there was a time in this Country when most people could have cared less if me or my Brothers in Arms made it back here alive.

I updated the drivers to my vid card, I'm going to try and patch it again and I also checked my current version of Directx and 9.0c is current

Still dont work, looks like i'll have to play with the original version

Comment

Working...
                        X