Pixel Shader Questions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel Shader Questions!!

I have a geforce 6600 and I'm not sure if it supports ps3.0...
    Since I'd like to improve my framerate, just in case BF2 is making it default to ps3.0, is there a way I can default it to ps2.0 instead? If my card doesn't support 3.0, this is a useless question, but oh well...

Re: Pixel Shader Questions!!

go to the NVidia home center thing and edit all settings to quality i think. Thats how my freind did his.

Comment

download rivatuner
      run it
      look for "Driver Settings" it should say "Foreware detected" and then next to that click on customize (the 2nd customize in the screen) and then select the icon with the green X or "Direct Draw and Direct3d settings"
      then click on shaders tab and u can force ur PS.

depending on what settings u play at, i also recommending forcing it to 1.4 shaders as it provides the best performance, but then u wont be able to set some settings above medium like u cant turn on lighting, shadows, and terrian to medium/on.

and i dont think there is a way to force ps 3.0

Comment

Thanks! I thought the default for BF2 was ps3.0? Oh well, it'll be 2.0 now!!

[EDIT]: My card DOES support ps3.0... I'll set it at ps2.0 anyway...
        As far as I know, BF2 doesn't use 3.0. I wouldn't know where to look anyway
        I know 2.0 is notorious for those dark stencil shadows (I think), but all the shadows in BF2 are rather smooth (horribly jagged lookin' though!).
        Chronicles Of Riddick uses 2.0, but you can switch it to 3.0 and all the shadows become smooth/more realistic.

Comment

im not totally sure..does bf2 use ps 3.0 at all?

Comment

Working...
          X