pc3200 ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc3200 ram

Have heard this ram is junk how bad is it was thinking about putting in 4 gig.

Re: pc3200 ram

Its just your basic ram, very normal, nothing special ram. 4 gigs of Ram is pointless. XP can only detect 2 gigs, or slightly more, not exactly sure, the the extra is ointless, unless your thinking ahead. But I really wouldn't buy it unless its one heck ofa deal, because the preformance game will be minimal

P.S. watch the run on sentencs

Comment

Worst question ever?

PC3200 is the speed of the RAM, it makes no bearing on the quality of the RAM, that will depend on the manufacturer. Check your motherboard to ensure it can accept this memory speed and also whether it supports 4GB

FYI, chances are you don't need 4GB, and depending on the rest of your system, you'd be better getting 2GB of RAM and a better graphics card.

Although you haven't actually stated what you want to acheive so its hard to recommend upgrade options for you.

Comment

Yes motherboard will take 4 gig can get the ram for 40 bbp for 2 gig i am using 7900gt with amd 3800 processor.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffRowley
          Its just your basic ram, very normal, nothing special ram. 4 gigs of Ram is pointless. XP can only detect 2 gigs, or slightly more, not exactly sure, the the extra is ointless, unless your thinking ahead. But I really wouldn't buy it unless its one heck ofa deal, because the preformance game will be minimal

P.S. watch the run on sentencs
          sigh.. XP can only detect 3gb nothing more.

i have 3gb because im greedy and it makes up for my not so great graphics card

Comment

^ really? never knew that. i thought ram was only limited by the cpu, where a 32bit cpu can only support up to 4gb of ram

Comment

the CPU can support it but weather or not XP see's it is another thing, it will only register as their being 3gb instead of 4gb.

Comment

with this ram being the slowest is it going to make bf2 lag and have long load times if i was to run 3gig

Comment

NO! PC3200 ram is pretty good. All you need is 2gb of RAM and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
                    NO! PC3200 ram is pretty good. All you need is 2gb of RAM and you will be fine.
                    ok tanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by pix
                      with this ram being the slowest is it going to make bf2 lag and have long load times if i was to run 3gig
                      last time i timed it was something around 1min 30secs

Comment

what about lagging

Comment

i use pc3200 ram with a geforce 6600 (256mb)(i got it for 79.99 off o' ebay - hells yeah). i run the game in medium-high quality with only 512mb of ram! my question - you say the brand is what matters, eh? what is a good brand of pc3200 ram???

Comment

Originally posted by pix
                            what about lagging
                            dont get any because i dont have the dynamic shadow/lighting on high, mine are on low , if everything was on high i would lag abit

Originally posted by dave56k
                            i use pc3200 ram with a geforce 6600 (256mb)(i got it for 79.99 off o' ebay - hells yeah). i run the game in medium-high quality with only 512mb of ram! my question - you say the brand is what matters, eh? what is a good brand of pc3200 ram???
                            depends on what you plan to do with it, if your just going to use it normally then something like Kingston/Crucial/Corsair their value ranges are fine also, if you plan on overclocking it then G.Skill/OCZ/Mushkin there may be others

Comment

Overclocking?! My comp is way too far in the s*** zone... I'll get whatever is cheap and efficient (duh). *goes to newegg.com*

Comment

Working...
                              X