Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicked for stat padding

Hello all,
    O fun. I am not sure what stat padding is. Someone please explain why I was kicked. What did I do wrong?

Thank

Re: kicked for stat padding

Stat padding, aka, point farming or harvesting.

It's when you are exploiting the points system in an unfair way to gain points.

A simple example would be sitting fourth chair in the hummer with the nose of it in water taking damage. You then pull out your wrench and fix it while sitting in it. You would be stat padding your repair stats.

An other example is done with some coordination with a member of the other team. You basically corner someone say you as a medic and your partner continuously kills the cornered teammate of yours while you revive them, thus padding your revive stats.

Any form of stat padding is rediculous and in my opinion a real lame way to collect 'e-bling' and as someone stated I believe on this forum in the past 'make your e-penis bigger.' Both of which have no merit away from the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by -=[R]=-SilentNite
      A simple example would be sitting fourth chair in the hummer with the nose of it in water taking damage. You then pull out your wrench and fix it while sitting in it. You would be stat padding your repair stats.
      Don't you only get points from fixing things that took enemy damage?

Comment

The water is an enemy.....

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bdm
          Don't you only get points from fixing things that took enemy damage?
          You just have to have a teammate in the vehicle. In this case its yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary
            The water is an enemy.....

Cheers
            One quick comment, there are some situations where driving into the water is advantageous. For example, if you are PLA on wake, you can drive about 50% of the way to the arty island in the humpty truck if you know the appropriate route. You take continuous damage but can be repaired and stay alive. Put a teammate in the 50 cal, and a sniper in the rear and you're an arty island destroying machine. Very fun and not considered stat padding to my knowledge because you're enabling your teammates. The key is that you have to be putting yourself in harms way and helping your team. Otherwise, you're padding.

Rocker

Comment

I think anyone who stapads knows what it means, so it looks like you were kicked by an admin drunk with power (or e-power), maybe because you killed him or 'stole' his vehicle. In any case rest assured he was probably a virgin without a life. I got accused of statpadding when it wasn't the case (and my score was pretty crap anyway...) so don't take these things too seriously, unless you actually were padding stats of course

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                You just have to have a teammate in the vehicle. In this case its yourself.
                You need 2 people in it so it would be a 2 person deal were there in the back and repairing and getting points every few seconds or so about every 30 i think somehting like that maby 15-20 secs.

Comment

Originally posted by 7man
                  You need 2 people in it so it would be a 2 person deal were there in the back and repairing and getting points every few seconds or so about every 30 i think somehting like that maby 15-20 secs.
                  1 teammate on the inside of the vehicle. 1 teammate on the outside repairing it. That is how repair points ago, excluding commander assests.

Comment

Working...
                  X