Weapon unlock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon unlock question

Why is it every time i rank up i get 2 weapon unlocks but all of my other friends only get 1 unlock when they rank up. All of us have BF2 Special forces but they all bought the deluxe edition when i bought the expansion seperately. Is that the reason I get 2 unlocks?

Re: Weapon unlock question

you have special forces

Comment

Yea but they have the deluxe edition that includes special forces

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtymer01
        Yea but they have the deluxe edition that includes special forces
        Yes and if your a private, you cant unlock any guns.

Comment

maybe they need to install SF first

Comment

(first post here :S but about 3 month i read everyday...kinda funny)

my tought are that maybe they just didn't play the single game they need to.
            you need to play a round in special force in order to *unlock* the unlock

hope this might help

p.s. sorry for the poor english here im from quebec (french)

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtymer01
              Why is it every time i rank up i get 2 weapon unlocks but all of my other friends only get 1 unlock when they rank up. All of us have BF2 Special forces but they all bought the deluxe edition when i bought the expansion seperately. Is that the reason I get 2 unlocks?
              You only get two weapon unlocks once you have reached a certain rank. I think Sergeant is the first rank where you get 2 unlocks. BTW are you all the same rank?

Comment

They need to have played a round of special forces and they need to be above private first class. Once this happens they will get their two unlocks per rank

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                  You only get two weapon unlocks once you have reached a certain rank. I think Sergeant is the first rank where you get 2 unlocks.
                  This was only true before the 1.2 patch added the 2nd tier unlocks for sniper and AT. Now all ranks with unlocks get two once you have played SF on that account.

Comment

Well I dunno maby you need BF2 and then SF beats me.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                      This was only true before the 1.2 patch added the 2nd tier unlocks for sniper and AT. Now all ranks with unlocks get two once you have played SF on that account.
                      At my going rate i will have all unlocks when i get to fifty thousand points. Is this to say that some may get all of them later or earlier then?

Comment

first u need to be a lance corporal b4 getting ur unlocks
                        and the rate of unlocking the unlocks is the same because for one who has only vanilla there are only 7 unlocks available, so u get one unlock for each promotion. then if u have SF, there are 14 unlcoks availabe, and u get 2 unlocks for each promotion, so the rate is still the same

Comment

The reason that the extra unlocks originally didn't start until Sergeant was that in patches 1.10 and 1.12 there were only 12 unlocks. The last two were added in patch 1.2 and just before the patch was released they started giving the extra unlocks at Lance and Corporal. That's why any SF user who was already Corporal or above suddenly got two "free" unlocks. The last rank that gives an unlock is and has always been Master Sergeant/Sergeant Major (depending on what badges you have when you hit 50k).

Comment

Oh ok, thats some interesting info. why would you even think of not creating unlocks for all classes though? beats me...........

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                              Oh ok, thats some interesting info. why would you even think of not creating unlocks for all classes though? beats me...........
                              Well, the first 5 tier 2 unlocks were in SF so they were included starting in patch 1.10 (installed by SF). The last two are weapons from EuroForce so they didn't release those until they were ready to release EF (which requires patch 1.2 because it adds the EU army and handheld weapons).

Comment

Working...
                              X