Claymore Positioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymore Positioning

Now I see it again and again... a sniper runs up and tosses a claymore either

a) in somebody's face
    b)facing straight out of a door

This is to help the snipers and the thouroughly annoyed infantry players...

For snipers....

Place the claymores so they face across the door... this way people do not see them and they kill people coming through both ways... When laying them in the open, same thing face them sideways across the killing zone, they cover more area.

For infantry...

To see claymores in doors edge around to one side and go prone, zoom and look around. Obviously do this only if you know there are snipers about... If someone throws a claymore at you... say 3 meters away, run straight at it. Claymores have a 3 second activation time so it is quite easy to get behind them before they are armed...

Cheers, Josh (feel free to add more every1)

Re: Claymore Positioning

Actually IMO its better to face a clay' out of a door. For example in the palace on Warlord, if it's facing out the flag rooms, it doesn't matter if the enemy sees it, he's close enough to blow it. Plus, instead of firing when someone goes into the room, it blows when someone runs in front of the door to the room. It can give you some extra moments because people can throw nades in if the claymore across the door doesn't blow up.

Comment

I do that door trick it is prett easy to spot clays that way and usally the people that don't pay attenion to the things around them are the ones that get killed so beware on karkand near hotel.

Comment

if u place a clay facing the inside of a room near a door some retard WILL get tked and they WILL punish

Comment

Nobody sees my claymore.... muwahahahaaaaaa!

Comment

Nobody got a chance to see mine I am too slick when i lay them out.

Comment

i lay them out nice too....always with the back to a wall so no one can creep around it....

ive seen claymores facing walls, and placed where they can be easily walked around some ppl dont even think

Comment

I like to hide my claymores too...

It's the same with AT mines. The number of times I've been tank whoring as an engineer and seen 2 or 3 across a road, right out in the open and just jumped out and spannered them away...

Comment

best place for a claymore is at the top of a ladder.. nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    best place for a claymore is at the top of a ladder.. nothing else.
                    Not really. Spotting claymores at the top of ladders is really simple, either by stopping before you reach the top or by using the third-person view.

EDIT: Although in terms of watching bodies glitching down the ladders once the claymore has gone off in their face, I agree with you.

Comment

I though this is how you are supposed to lay them. :laugh:

Comment

claymores are for noobs, totally abused and unrealistic, since when does a mine identify which country you are from?? unless it quickly does a dna test as you run up to it??

Claymores are defensive weapon and should have team kill allowed on them to stop the abusers.

Oh and for the record, use claymores to channel the enermy to where you want em

Comment

LOL.

ON a serious note, if I feel like sniping, I only go on FF off servers, because I dont have patience for idiot teammates coming up the ladder, seeing the red X, and getting TKed, then punishing.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
                            Not really. Spotting claymores at the top of ladders is really simple, either by stopping before you reach the top or by using the third-person view.

EDIT: Although in terms of watching bodies glitching down the ladders once the claymore has gone off in their face, I agree with you.
                            they were only meant for covering the access to where a sniper sits or for protecting flags, not to be spammed all over the place,

i suppose sorting that problem could have been not to include Claymores in any of the badges

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
                              claymores are for noobs, totally abused and unrealistic, since when does a mine identify which country you are from?? unless it quickly does a dna test as you run up to it??

Claymores are defensive weapon and should have team kill allowed on them to stop the abusers.

Oh and for the record, use claymores to channel the enermy to where you want em
                              you know they used to kill team mates, but there would always be ****holes walking into them and punishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X