New GeForce 7600 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GeForce 7600 Problems

I just had a Geforce 7600 GT PCI Express installed (Best Buy). Well I don't think it's operating properly... if at all. Every game I have locks up or crashes almost immediately at the opening menu. When I try to run my 3d screen savers, I just get a black screen and they won't preview, it says no preview avaliable. (Maybe this could help find the problem some how?)

Anyways... I've tried running

BF2:Locks up at the first main menu and then crashes to the desktop.

IL2 Forgotten Battles:I can get into the game with this one, but about every ten seconds the screen will freeze for aqbout 4 seconds, until it locks up and crashes to the desktop. Textures are usually missing also.

Sim City 4: It opens and when it gets to the main menu its a black screen with the cursor and almost immediately freezes.

I've reinstalled the games, and downloaded the latest drivers. Its like anything that requires my video card wont funtion.

All these ran normally with my old card. Thanks in advance!

Re: New GeForce 7600 Problems

Did you delete the old drivers? Is your PSU sufficient to power the new gpu? Is there a separate input for power to this card? Is it plugged in?

rest of specs would be helpful. as would avoiding chop shops with your valuable computer (bestbuy)

Comment

I have a new PSU to go with the card, its sufficient. I'm assuming Best Buy should have deleted the old drivers.

1 GB of Ram
      AMD Athalon 64 3500+ 2.2GHZ

Comment

I just bought the same Video Card from Best buy, and it works fine. You DO have to remove the drivers for your old Card or this one won't work right. If you don't know what they are, just go to remove programs, and remove all video programs, then use the disk that came with the game to upload new Nvida drivers (or go to the website to get newer ones.).

Card was a good deal at $90.

Comment

Ya this seems like a bad driver change. Best Buy probably did not use driver cleaner pro, which is important to do. So, try reinstalling the drivers yourself. Also how much did you pay for the card?

Comment

Working...
          X