What kind of RAM? (MoBo specs within)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of RAM? (MoBo specs within)

Well, I am embarrassed myself lastime at the London Drug's tech shop when I asked for RAM, they asked what kind and I bluntly replied, what's the fastest you got? Now, I know that I need my MoBo specs to know what RAM I can use. ASUS P5GD1. On the side it says Dual channel memory architecture 4 x 184-pin DIMM sockets support max. 4GB DDR 400/333 non-ECC memory. So if they ask what kind of RAM I need, what do I say? Also, I have 2x 512 MB sticks of Kingston right now, and I want to up it to 2 GB buying only one stick. I donno if I can do that because I haven't seen any 1536 MB sticks around so I'm settling for one gig. If it's of any importance, my other specs are GeForce 6600 and P4 3.2 Ghz.

~noobie signing out but watching this thread

P.S. my computer won't start and I donno why, so I'm posting all this from the secondary computer. I turn it on, and the screen stays black and it don't sound like it's starting up, but the fan's are functioning and teh lights are blinking. It might've had to do with something I modified in it earlier. I made it so it won't show the drwatson postmortem debugger popup anymore, does that help? This started only recently and right after it crashed, which also started happening recently. Darnit.

Re: What kind of RAM? (MoBo specs within)

ok first off. if u live in victoria bc with me dont go to the downtown london drugs. nuf said.

Comment

you have 2x 512mb = 1gb and you want another 1gb to make 2gb

depends on how much your wanting to spend i guess, i generally go for the reviews on things heres a list from Newegg,

Comment

First off, i dunno whats wrong with your pc but, after youve sorted that out go to this site. http://www.crucial.com/
        It will check all of your PC components (it is completely safe) and it will tell you exactly what you need and what you can put in it. You can then order the components from here or find the same ones cheaper elsewhere. Its up to you.

Comment

Working...
        X