• 8800GTX Problems please helo

Guys , rigg as follows

E6600 conroe
    Corsair 2Gb DDR 2
    Asus P5B Deluxw WI-FI
    BFG 8800GTX 97.02 Force ware
    Tagan 580W PSU
    24 inch DELl running at 1920x1200

I had this card for a week before it stared to show some artifacts and some real crappy frame rates , before that it was running perfectly. I called the BFG support line who told me my rigg was fine and the card must be faulty .

I sent the card off and have had to wait 2 weeks for a RMA return . Now i have re-installed a new card and i am still getting some real crappy frame rates .

I have deleted previous drivers in safe mode with DC pro .

Whats the f is going on ,,please help .

Re: 8800GTX Problems please helo

I was under the impression that artifacts could apear with overheating? You should check your temperatures, Make sure that you have a good air flow around your case and buy new system fans if necessary.

To eliminate or prove it to be the temperature try removing the side panel and getting a normal desk fan and blowing it directly into the case.

Comment

sounds like a good place to start to me :P

Comment

I concur. You can see the GPU temp with your settings, I believe you may need a tweak for that, and run a stress test to run up the temp.

EDIT:

Thanks to TweakGuides.com, go here to get NVTweak to see your temp, and go here to get a free video card stability test. Good stuff.

Comment

Can you fooking believe it , another duff card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR R.

Overclockers UK are going to replace this time .

Comment

whats what you get for buying bugged up dx10 cards, I told people to wait but no they just want to buy buy buy buy all the new stff before knowing what will happen

Comment

Have a EVGA 8800GTX, no probs whatsoever, runs like butter.
              800W Tagan, EVGA nForce680i, 2G Corsiar Dominator, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality, C2D E6700, Lian Li case, etc etc. Yes I like my rig...ALOT!

Comment

Working...
              X