Intel Duo 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Duo 2

ok so i went computer shopping for prices today and the guy recommended intel duo 2 for my processor. he said it runs at 1.5ghz but with the duo its faster then it looks? is this true? (hes kinda saying like 1.5 in the intel duo 2 is like 3.0 er something.)

Re: Intel Duo 2

I'm running the E6600 2.4 chip. I've just put a Zalman cooler on it.
    At the moment it is overclocked to 2.7 and hasn't got over 30 degrees c yet.
    3DMARK points are 6468.
    I've been testing nearly 4 hours at 100% CPU and 83%+ on the RAM. No sign of any hiccups or problems.
    Go and buy one. You will not be dissapointed.

Comment

jeezz post in the right forums... half the people in off-topic dont know what time of day it is..

dumb posts removed

Comment

The Slowest Core 2 Duo (Conroe) on the market is 1.86Ghz. That's the Core 2 Duo E6300, and it usually runs for about $183. From what I've seen in reviews, the chip runs slightly better than an Athlon X2 4200+ for gaming. In other respects, it's a good bit higher, but that's where it compares against other segments of the market. It is a good bit faster than just about any of Intel's Pentium D or Pentium Extreme offerings, so I would say that if you are convinced with going with that chip, it is a safe buy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
          ok so i went computer shopping for prices today and the guy recommended intel duo 2 for my processor. he said it runs at 1.5ghz but with the duo its faster then it looks? is this true? (hes kinda saying like 1.5 in the intel duo 2 is like 3.0 er something.)
          so if you buy a core 2 duo the clock speed is twice the speed than advertized, becuase i want to get one

Comment

READ THIS: Megahertz Myth

Comment

A 1.8 GHz Core Duo is significantly faster than the 3 GHz Pentium 4, but to a naive consumer reading specifications on the side of a box this statement can be completely confusing.

copied from wikipeida.

Comment

Working...
              X