Best badge ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best badge ever.

This is a story of the best badge I've ever gotten. Best meaning, I had the best time getting it. Keep in mind I've owned the game for a whole 4 days.

So, I'm playing Operation Clean Sweep as the MEC. I decide to risk the lag and lack of joystick and grab the jet real fast, in hopes of shooting down some choppers and, when I'm gonna die, drop down and blow up some assets. As soon as I take off, I see a USMC plane bomb some of my teammates and fly off. How dare he! I must rectify this situation! I hit the afterburners and chase him. He must've seen me following him (or, I suppose, heard the missile lock), and he begins going into a loop. I follow him right into it, and right as I'm vertical.... I lag. For about 5 seconds. When I pop back in, I'm going about 700 KPH (I was doing 1200), I *think* I'm upside down, I can't see the ground so I have no way of telling how far up I am. I tilt the nose down, hopefully, but still see no land. I decide to not wait, let someone who actually knows how to fly have the jet, and jump out.
    I fall for a good 15 seconds without seeing land. Good Lord, I'm up high!, I thought. Finally I see the groud and the nearest flag directly under me about 500m away. Another 5 seconds passes without me hitting, until finally at 100m above ground I pull the rip cord. Now I'm gliding serenly towards the ground- and holy **** there's an enemy chopper. It sees me and shoots at me. I'm damaged but still alive, somehow. It passes me and wheels around to make another pass. There's nothing I can do, I'm a parachuting spec ops. I shoot at the cockpit, in hopes to kill the driver, but to no avail. Its cannon started blazing again, and I sat back and waited to respawn-
    And then my jet, flown by someone who probably owned a joystick, flew in and blasted the living crap out of the chopper. As I hit the ground, music played- I had recieved the Airborne Ribbon! I was a Lance Corporal!

That was awesome.

Re: Best badge ever.

Haha that sounds pretty cool!

but how would someone get into your jet after you jumped out?

Comment

Maby a 2 seater? And he said he respawned.
      Congrats dude, but all you need for that badge is a 10 second paracute, but good job.

Comment

Originally posted by minicoop503
        Haha that sounds pretty cool!

but how would someone get into your jet after you jumped out?
        If he played the 64 version, there could be 2 jets. He could have mistaken the other one as his own.

Comment

Oh, ok I gotcha.

Comment

I think he means he thought he was going to have to respawn, but the jet had respawned during his long fall and someone else grabbed it and saved his a$$ LOL

he also may have been just refering it as "his" jet meaning on his team

good story bud, glad you got your ribbon

I got mine on Op Clean Sweep also, my SL took the BH and flew real high and told us to use him for a spawn point, so I jump out and being new to the game pulled the chute immediately LOL took a good 6-7 minutes to hit the ground I think LOL

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
              I think he means he thought he was going to have to respawn, but the jet had respawned during his long fall and someone else grabbed it and saved his a$$ LOL

I got mine on Op Clean Sweep also, my SL took the BH and flew real high and told us to use him for a spawn point, so I jump out and being new to the game pulled the chute immediately LOL took a good 6-7 minutes to hit the ground I think LOL

LMFAO! That's exactley how I got mine...I went outside and smoked...still wasnt on the ground!

Comment

Well sounds like you had a good time would have been better it you siad that you droped C4 and it landed on the chopper when you were in the parachute then once your on ground you blow it up. that would be a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by 7man
                  Well sounds like you had a good time would have been better it you siad that you droped C4 and it landed on the chopper when you were in the parachute then once your on ground you blow it up. that would be a good story.
                  Stuff like that needs to be a specialty badge....the best I've seen is watching my buddy (the one who introduced me to the game) take the air bus down (completly full!) while floating through the air as anti-tank

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger

Yeah lol, ive done exactly the same thing before. it was when i first started playing, then was just about to land and got shot!

Comment

the airborne ribbon was the first award i got on Bf2 i got it on Kubra Dam

and the first award i got on bf2124 was the airborne ribbon on Verdun.

Comment

Working...
                      X