MG36: good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG36: good or not?

Hi. I have recently acquired the veteran support combat badge and on the way i unlocked the MG36 expecting it to be amazing. But im having second thoughts about it. Whereas the PKM packs a punch, i find that with the MG36 lacks the fire power needed and on many occasions when aiming at someone not one bullet hits them even though they clearly should. Dont worry im not some noob who is spraying bullets all over the place................ I just find that the PKM is, (can i say this about a LMG?) much more accurate.

Re: MG36: good or not?

Well, I dont have it unlocked, but have picked it up on several occasions, and I can tell you that it is a completely different gun then the PKM. I would say just stick with the PKM, as it is a very high damage gun, and very accurate if you use it right. The MG36 just feels like more of a assault rifle than a LMG.

But I am sure if you learned to use it right, it would be a great gun, just like any in the game.

Comment

Thanks. I've done exactly that and have reverted back to the PKM. On a busy map i can easily rack up a lot of kills. Its kinda funny though. I had hardly used the PKM when i unlocked the MG36 but now i have that, the PKM is no. 1 choice every time.

Comment

the trick with the MG36 is that the bullets don't hit at the top of the ironsights as you'd expect.

its slightly down and on the right. heres a crappy diagram:

|
        | <- you bullet will hit about here)
        |
        |

hope this helps, and once you get used to it you wont go back to the PKM cuase with the MG36 you can fire more effectively crouching, the relaod is quicker and it throws out more bullets quicker

Comment

Right. the theory behind that sounds a bit weird to me. I thoughts the sights were there for a reason. Anyways, ill try it out.

Comment

I'd just get the PKM and that is good for me it's a good gun but not the best Support wepon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
              the trick with the MG36 is that the bullets don't hit at the top of the ironsights as you'd expect.

its slightly down and on the right. heres a crappy diagram:

|
              | <- you bullet will hit about here)
              |
              |

hope this helps, and once you get used to it you wont go back to the PKM cuase with the MG36 you can fire more effectively crouching, the relaod is quicker and it throws out more bullets quicker
              Explaines why I can't hit anything thing with the MG. I do have to say I have fallen in Love with the RPK-74. The PKM is Great, but I have noticed that you can put more bullets on target for a longer time with the RPK.

Comment

the RPK is imo the best support followed yb the MG36

tis daft because literally none of hte ironsights are lined up properly, there was an in-depth thread w while ago,

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87355 read through that and look at the screeneis to help improve your aim over night

Comment

I think its quite a decent gun, aslong as you control your shots at med/long ranges.

Meaning don't hold the trigger down for 10 second periods

Comment

havent used it in a while until yesterday, played with it since then and forgot how much i love it. my KD has been probably over 6 with it (although it may be because i know how to use LMGs....unlike some people). it isnt good for picking people off at far distances, but its my favorite gun

Comment

I've stopped using iron sights on ALL support weapons. The MG36 is a fine weapon - if handled right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
                        the RPK is imo the best support followed yb the MG36

tis daft because literally none of hte ironsights are lined up properly, there was an in-depth thread w while ago,

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87355 read through that and look at the screeneis to help improve your aim over night
                        its true i wrote it

and the weapon will miss everytime unless u compensate for the bad ironsight,when you get passed this small obsitical the gun is pretty good.

Comment

I would rather just use the PKM, and hit what I am aiming at, and not have to compensate for crap sights.

Comment

the great thing about the MG36 is thatthere is low accuracy and could be put in burst, i say get it

Comment

Can someone teach me how to aim with the support guns? I seriously cannot hit a thing with them!

I go prone, right mouse button for the iron sights, I got tappa tappa tappa and the bullets just don't hit. If I was using an AK it would be a completely different story! But I just can't hit jack with any support gun!

Comment

Working...
                              X