Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need BF2 Special Forces to run and install Booster Pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need BF2 Special Forces to run and install Booster Pack?

I bought BF2 almost a year ago and so Special Forces was never out. I never went out to buy special forces either. But I need to know if I need BF2: Special Forces in order to install and play the new BOOSTER pack which was just released earlier in November.

Is the Booster pack like another game or what. And is it better then the Special Forces? Basically I need to know if I need or shoujld I get Special Forces. I believe the Booster pack coems with the Euro Pack and Armored Forces.

Re: Do I need BF2 Special Forces to run and install Booster Pack?

You already asked this.

Originally posted by Viperjts10
    Is the Booster pack like another game or what. And is it better then the Special Forces? Basically I need to know if I need or shoujld I get Special Forces. I believe the Booster pack coems with the Euro Pack and Armored Forces.
    The booster pack adds six maps and one new army (Euro Forces army). Some different looking weps and aircraft but its basically Battlefield 2. The booster pack comes with Euro Forces and Armored Fury.

Comment

Yea, but I wanted to know whether or not it's a like different game then special forces. Are they two different expansions. I'm confused as to what special forces would be. Can I play special forces and use the Booster pack at the same time, or are those like two seperate CDS where I can only play one at a time, or is it something combined?

Comment

your almost confusing me with that, the booster packs are small expantion for BF2, special forces is a big expantion for BF2

Comment

I know, it's confusing. Well, basically, if I bought Special Forces AND the booster pack, will I get it all and be able to play it all together? Or can I only play the booster pack with BF2 but not the special forces.

Basically, if I installed Special Forces, PLUS the booster pack, will I be able to play all that with one disc? Is it worth buying special forces.

Comment

what booster pack are you buying??

you have BF2 right??

go buy Armored Fury, Special Forces, and Euro forces, install them all, re-install the 1.41 patch and you will have everything

Armored Fury and Euro Forces are booster packs for BF2
            Special Forces is an expansion pack, I got all 3 thru EA downloader, installed them all, when you install SF it'll put another shortcut on your desktop (a green 2) you still play with your original play disk but you click on the SF shortcut to play SF
            all your stats are tallied in the same place so any points you get in SF count towards your BF2 points

you will have to play regular BF2 to play the AF and EF booster packs, you just have to find a server running them, I dont know why you cant play AF/EF on a Special Force server but I think that would be pretty cool to combine the booster packs with the expansion packs

I hope this answers your question(s)

Comment

Ok, I think it does thanks. So does this mean I have to run my BF2 disk to play BF2?? Because I recently noticed a scratch smudge marks on the disc and it would not run whatsoever. A friend of mine had a Scratch remover which I used to shine up the cd and it seemed to repair it and so I was able to use the Disc, however, I don't trust it right now and I don't want to do all the purchasing if I am living off this half working BF2 Disc.

Comment

you can run it without the playdisk...........

very easy project for you to do, it took me all of 15 minutes to do this and that included downloading the 2 programs needed

just follow the directions EXACTLY

Comment

Originally posted by Viperjts10
                  Ok, I think it does thanks. So does this mean I have to run my BF2 disk to play BF2?? Because I recently noticed a scratch smudge marks on the disc and it would not run whatsoever. A friend of mine had a Scratch remover which I used to shine up the cd and it seemed to repair it and so I was able to use the Disc, however, I don't trust it right now and I don't want to do all the purchasing if I am living off this half working BF2 Disc.
                  If you buy SF youll get another disk and you can use that for authenticating normal bf2 too.

Otherwise yes the booster pack with work without having to buy SF

Comment

Great, thanks for the link gunslinger.

and Mad Ad, so since I don't need SF to run the Booster pack, what if I DID get special forces... So, let's say I get both SF and the Booster pack. If I load up and start playing the booster pack, will all the features in SF also be in the game? Or would I need to run the SF disc to play that.

So can I play with all of the features if I bought SF and the booster pack? I install them all, does that mean if I load up any disc, I will have all the features of the SF and booster pack?

Comment

By the way, the link that gunslinger gave you, did it not worry you that just about everyone has been banned in that thread? My guess is whatever they were talking about got them banned because they werent meant to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                        By the way, the link that gunslinger gave you, did it not worry you that just about everyone has been banned in that thread? My guess is whatever they were talking about got them banned because they werent meant to do it.

no I dont believe that topic had anything to do with the bans, using mini disk images is a legal thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
                          no I dont believe that topic had anything to do with the bans, using mini disk images is a legal thing to do
                          Right ok, thanks for clearing that up. It looked a bit strange seeing all those bans thats all

Comment

Well u don't need it but it is worth every penny u spend on SF

Comment

I recently installed the booster pack (which i got from EB games NOT EA dowloader) but it wont let me load a map in single or double player. Everytime it gives me a link to EA and says that i have to buy the booster pack in order to play?? (although i already have it) Can anyone help me out?

Comment

Working...
                              X