Good Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Shot?

Does anyone else ever congratulate an opposing player that makes one Hell of a shot on you. I myself most of the time shout "Good shot" on the chat. I am assuming they know I'm talking about them, but if not oh well. What I have noticed in my short period of time playing this game that most people don't take good shots quite so well, usually yelling or typing something stupid to basically call the other a hacker or what not. Maybe this is an attitude that develops after a long time of playing BF2 or just competitive spirit.

I can only think of one shot i have made that someone would have gotten terribly pissed off at me about. I am not very good at sniping but it is fun to do. I can't remeber the name of the map(maybe mashtuur), but i made a 120-130m head shot on a guy riding in the top of one of the turrets on the vans. Not such a big deal to most, but to me, the van was going full speed away from me at about 2:00 and I lead him just a little and BOOM (Headshot). My response, HOLY $**T, that guy will be pissed.

Anyway I was just going to see if there are other people that a generally a "good sport" when someone makes a better than average shot on them.

Re: Good Shot?

I usually never care about OR see the other guys shot...

Comment

Yes If the shot was really good and if I didn't just made some sloppy actions which caused my opponent to kill me. Then I'll say he made a good shot said it twice today actually.

Comment

Originally posted by KMT
        if I didn't just made some sloppy actions which caused my opponent to kill me
        i find this aspect key to me complimenting someone also. i find i'm pretty much a complete moron most times. but if i'm doing something "right" and someone else does something "right", i congratulate them on it with at least a "ns" if not something more.

i think sportsmanship is critical in this game where so many take so many things personally and get upset at the drop of a pin it seems.

Comment

Sure do. If it's a good shot then i'll let 'em know. Althought there was that one time where i told a guy he made a nice shot and told to goscrew myself. He used harsher words though. lol.

Comment

I don't usally say anything since its just a lucky shot or a hack or pure skill

Comment

My experience on the battlefield is the more team-oriented the players are, the more apt they are to commend you for a job well done.

For example, there's a team of 6 you are working with attacking a flag, and you take out two pieces of armor with your C4 and take down 2 other guys that were adjacent to them, all of which were near the flag. Chances are most of your teammates are going to see that you just cleared out most of the flag and will commend you for being an excellent shot, getting the timely kills or just simply doing what needed to be done for the team.

In the public realm this is much less common.

Comment

The times I get in a J-10, and someone shoots me down I say good shot.

Comment

no because each shot is pretty much each grenade and do you see any 1 saying good grenade

Comment

I used to do it all the time when I first started playing BF2 because it was something of an unwritten rule from UT you always said GS, good shot, TY or thank you, we were always polite, but the UT servers were alot smaller, a big server was 32 players and that was rare back then as most were 16, but after playing BF2 for several weeks I quickly realized that...
                    1. I actually didnt know if it was a good shot or a cheap shot because I didnt know where the other player was
                    2. not one of the people, out of say 50-60 times I said Good Shot, said thanks
                    3. nobody cares if you think it was a good shot. all they care about is that you are now dead
                    4. people are more apt to shout "no way you fV<kin hacker" than they are to say "good shot"

Comment

Actually, I do take my time to say something when I'm dead, apologies if I made a mistake or to make some funny comment if appropriate and I'm in the mood.
                      Saying "good shot" is rare, however. In fact, all shots are good, maybe this is the reason.
                      The thing I like the most is when I hear my commander saying "you are the best squad I've ever set eyes on!".
                      Especially after a good fight, that means he was watching and then appreciated a job well done.
                      The most annoying problem is that chat messages usually disappear rapidly in a fight, because new kills are replacing the written lines. Sometimes, it's so fast I can't even read who killed me. So why bother to write something when you know it's lost so fast and probably very few people would see it?!
                      Too bad we don't have a separate place on screen for chat.

Comment

im kind of an old school gamer, so yeah, you'll see me complimenting people on nice shots.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

If they get a few good shots in I usally say "nice shot, I couldn't have done that." But if they keep doing it I start to get angery

Comment

I always compliment someone on a good shot.

i also compliment gunners if they are doing good. i land on the pad to repair and type "you're one helluva gunner"

Comment

i hardly die so fuack em, maybe the k:d ratio is 3:1

Comment

Working...
                              X