[plenty of noobish questions] help me improve my skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [plenty of noobish questions] help me improve my skills

Well, I've been playing BF2 for about 2 months. I'm enjoying my time in the game, even when I get pwned, 'cause that way I can learn how to pwn people; but there's something I can't figure out.

1 - Most of players go prone for better accuracy, and I've learnt to do it as well; but I've seen players jumping, firing in the air, go prone and finishing me off, and no bullet missed me. How do they do that? does it just take practice?

2 - How can you shoot while you're jumping? it happened to me lots of times: I went prone to shoot someone, and another guy hopped out from a corner and killed me in about 1/4 second, while staying in the air.

3 - And, erm, the dumbest question: maybe it just takes practice, but how the hell do you manage to head shot a guy from like a 100 meters away? I mean, how do you correct recoil and random deviation in order to send each bullet to your target? I usually fire bursts of 3 bullets, but I often get pwned by people firing full auto at long distances.

Re: [plenty of noobish questions] help me improve my skills

Originally posted by Chessex
    Well, I've been playing BF2 for about 2 months. I'm enjoying my time in the game, even when I get pwned, 'cause that way I can learn how to pwn people; but there's something I can't figure out.

1 - Most of players go prone for better accuracy, and I've learnt to do it as well; but I've seen players jumping, firing in the air, go prone and finishing me off, and no bullet missed me. How do they do that? does it just take practice?

2 - How can you shoot while you're jumping? it happened to me lots of times: I went prone to shoot someone, and another guy hopped out from a corner and killed me in about 1/4 second, while staying in the air.

3 - And, erm, the dumbest question: maybe it just takes practice, but how the hell do you manage to head shot a guy from like a 100 meters away? I mean, how do you correct recoil and random deviation in order to send each bullet to your target? I usually fire bursts of 3 bullets, but I often get pwned by people firing full auto at long distances.
    1. On most guns, going prone (with scopes/sights on) is the most accurate way to kill someone.

2. Its a bug where the 3rd person is not the same as 1st person (he could have been prone already, but in 3rd person is still standing) This also means 'rolling' which the player can not see him do it, but others can.

3. It just takes practice to use the weapons. For a regular non-unlock weapon, the AK is the one I would reccomend.

Comment

1. That's also the bug that blackhawk was talking about, otherwise it can also be an illusion that they're jumping, when in fact they only go prone (the animation can seem to jump)
      2. as blackhawk said
      3. try shooting one bullet at a time in a very fast burst and yeah, use the ak-101 (preferably medic).

Comment

Like the people above have said there is bugs for that kinda stuff and for #3 usally it is a lucky shot or they are just good with sniper rifles or they are completly hacking

Comment

#3 isn't always luck and hacking its called AK plus patience and lead

Comment

The hitboxes lag behind the models. Remember that, and you will know where to hit them.

Comment

Lower your sensitivity as much as possible, buy a better mouse and a big mouse pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                The hitboxes lag behind the models. Remember that, and you will know where to hit them.
                if the servers are a piece of crap yes

Comment

Originally posted by Predator
                  buy a better mouse
                  What do you mean by "better"? can you suggest me any specific one? what should I look for?

Comment

Originally posted by Chessex
                    What do you mean by "better"? can you suggest me any specific one? what should I look for?
                    If you suck you suck. Mouse won't do anything if you know and feel that your mouse is limiting your skill then buy a new one which I think is not the case.

And Blades is right about the hitboxes.

Comment

oh with assult rifles if someone is far away press three again to go in semi-automatic

Comment

here's another tip for you ...

in alot of cases, going prone will get you killed, so dont make it a habit. It depends on the situation. Most of the time, speed can be your advantage. If you get surprised, try jumping once or twice, fire your weapon while walking sidways, and dont right click (just fire away). Dont be a stationary target, and you will get more kills. If there is some distance between you and the enemy, and he doesnt see you yet, sure, then go prone ...just try to stay away from it being a habit, or your first automatic reaction when you see an enemy. One more thing, ..watch good players, and see what they do. I recommend you watch a shoutcast of a match between a couple good teams, like maybe the match between Warchild vs Team Dynamic. Both Cal main teams, with excellent infantry skills. While watching, notice how often they go prone, and maybe see some moves you can learn. Duck, shoot..duck, shoot...is a good one. There was a patch (I forget which one) that took away shooting while jumping (bunny hopping), but that doesnt mean you cant jump then shoot as fast as you can, then jump some more. Make them miss, and try to be accruate...and most of all KEEP MOVING.

Oh, and getting a headshot from 100 meters...not a problem, use single shot, or short bursts, and take careful aim. Learn to do this rapidly, and you will get yours too.

I never, ever use 'unlocks'. You cant use them in matches, if your in a clan, and you will become dependent on them like a crutch, instead of learning to depend on your skills. All in all, good infrantry skills take practice, and more practice, and more practice. A good test is keep tract for awhile of how many 'one-on-one' encounters you win. If you always get killed, or rarely win, then you need to keep practicing some moves, ...when you find yourself 'usually' getting the kill, there you go...just a good test to see how your doing. No such thing as a dumb question, and keep practicing... good luck, and have fun :-)

Comment

Quit the game.

Comment

Comment

One thing I havent seen mentioned here in a while is that you can use "BF2S.com" to see player stats and to find them on a server. So if you think that some of the guys on this forum are good (some of them are you know) check there and go have a few rounds with them! We can give a lot of good answers but showing you how to do it will be better. Good Luck and dont be a stranger. . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
                              X