BF2 Engineer Unbalanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Engineer Unbalanced

I've been playing as the engineer a lot lately. I've realized that the engi seems a little bit weaker than all the other classes. Anyone else think that maybe they should give the engineer a little bit more oomph? Perhaps they could give him a stronger pistol, or make repair points a little bit faster to get?

Re: BF2 Engineer Unbalanced

Engineer is for armor whoring.

Comment

Originally posted by safety_man
      I've been playing as the engineer a lot lately. I've realized that the engi seems a little bit weaker than all the other classes. Anyone else think that maybe they should give the engineer a little bit more oomph? Perhaps they could give him a stronger pistol, or make repair points a little bit faster to get?
      IMO, he may seem weaker, but consider this: He can single-handedly prevent armor from moving, and destroy 5 pieces of it before he has to re-arm himself.

The standard pump shotty in CQC is THE one shot, one kill weapon.

I do agree that his repair points could come faster, though. There have been many threads on this, and I think the consensus is in agreement on that point.

Comment

they can save you from them armor whoring lads as well but.
        you just need to think a bit more about how you use the kit.
        they are a wellcome help when trying to defending a flag .
        but their lack of range when it comes to firepower can let em down on open maps.
        basicly their there to help the Sq ot team in ways no other kit can .
        but i do think they should get repair points faster or more of them .
        becus a support guy can get points for doing no more than chuck out ammo.
        and hope somebody runs by or reloads and thats it you get a point .
        not so with this kit,with this ya got to sit in no mans land fixing armor .
        or have a commander who doesnt drop crates on his toys once they get smashed.

Comment

Mayby the repair points quicker, but I have been running around IO karkand with the Pump shotgun for the US, and getting in the top 3 on my team quite often...

Comment

All I know is they are idiots and when I'm in a tank they love stand right behind you and when you back up you run over their dumb ***'s. I think within 30 seconds I teamkilled 3 engineers and they all punished me.
            xfire: chodda
            steam: w0ofz

Comment

Originally posted by Chodda
              All I know is they are idiots and when I'm in a tank they love stand right behind you and when you back up you run over their dumb ***'s. I think within 30 seconds I teamkilled 3 engineers and they all punished me.
              Jus 3?...

I like the shoty one kill for engies. Medic for info to heal myself, engie for armour war for healing myself

Comment

While i see what you mean, because it happen to me recently. My first time to try to armor whore, and i ended up killing like 5 people. Sometimes teh servers have auto punish on, so no matter what you get punish for it.

Comment

... when I'm in a tank they love stand right behind you and when you back up you run over their dumb ***'s.
                  That’s because you drive the tank like a chopper. :laugh:
                  Try to be an engy for a while and feel the pain when you help people and they drive you over.
                  I just had a vision of an engy repairing a tank and bunny hopping around it for not getting squashed. Hilarious.

Comment

Yeah, backing up those 10 feet lessen the impact of the enemy's tank round. That kills me when a tanker backs up when face to face with another tank. They hear the wrenching, but back up thinking that will cause less damage to their tanks...

Who's the idiot?

Comment

When the tank whores scream 'We need reparis we need repirs'... you go repair him, but the idiot decides to move back or to the side and kills you, just like USI_Krusher mentioned. If you're getting repaired stay put or go some place safe first then call for repair support. When I had to get my Vet. Armor badge, I hardly ever had problems like that, because I looked out for the guy that was repairing my tank.

I think Engineers kit is fine, ALL kits are perfectly fine, you just need to know how to use each one of them. Engineers guns are sweet! I love the shot gun, one shot kill to the head. No problem taking out a few people going after you, just don't stand there in the open thinking you're holding an AKA-101!

Repair points are fine too, never had a problem getting them.

Mines are great blocking tanks and just blowing cars up.

Engineers kit is perfectly fine. Maybe you just don't know how to use it.

Comment

i am really great with the MP7 so i whore with engineer

Comment

Originally posted by fotrsaken
                          i am really great with the MP7 so i whore with engineer
                          The MP7, i think, is the biggest waste of time in the game! Seriously mate get the jackhammer and keep your finger down, 7 auto shots, greater damage than the MP7 and sounds like a gun and not someone flicking through a book

Will agree with repair points, seriously unbalanced. As medic it's easy to get 100+ points in a round, as engineer, if you have to rely on repairing you'd be lucky to get 8!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                            Engineer is for armor whoring.
                            Don't mind Churrasco, he's a bit special.

I would really like to play engineer more and I've really tried to take my time and try to find the appeal with it. But it just dose'nt do it for me. Is there any good way of using it and still keep your ponts up and help your squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus
                              Don't mind Churrasco, he's a bit special.

I would really like to play engineer more and I've really tried to take my time and try to find the appeal with it. But it just dose'nt do it for me. Is there any good way of using it and still keep your ponts up and help your squad?
                              yeh USMC shotgun-Karkland, AT mines, repair assets and use vehicles i.e.tanks as they repair the tanks and APC's next to you. That's what it was designed for not going assault in a tank!!!!

Engineer is one of the hardest classes to get points in other than kills or taking flags, a bit like assault.

Comment

Working...
                              X