Cannot Play SP anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Play SP anymore?

For some reason when I click on "START SINGLEPLAYER" in BF2, PR Mod, and AI Mod - it immediately CTD's. I am thinking that someway my BF2 AI File may have gotten corrupted??? Any other ideas???
    Would someone PLEASE Copy your original BF2 AIDefault File and Paste it here for me so I can replace mine and see if I can get SP working again?

TKS Michael

Re: Cannot Play SP anymore?

aiSettings.setNSides 2
    aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
    aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
    aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To spawn more than 15 bots in SP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
    rem Note that this is totaly unsupported, it will affect your system's performance
    rem and may even crash your game. That being said, you will most likely be able to run a lot
    rem more bots than 15 on your system.

rem Example for 32 bot game with expert bots

rem aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
    rem aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32
    rem aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
    rem aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF

Comment

TKS ken, appreciate, I see one difference in yours and that was at the top. second one down, I believe "humans" you had setting of "1" and mine was at "0". I thought that might be the FIX, I changed mine, BUT still ALL crash at click of Start Singleplayer.

BTW - Does yours have 3-4 lines at the top with something like:
      ****** echo on *********************

Mine does - maybe that is causing my problems????

TKS

Comment

Nope, I copy/pasted directly from my unmodified bf2 folder. That might be the reason you're crashing. It does note that anything more than 15 bots is "unsupported" and might cause system instability but we all know that people have added more bots so maybe a slight tweak in your number of bots might help.

Comment

Working...
        X