processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• processors

Hi all can someone tell me what the athlon 64 3800 processors are like please and also would it be better than the p4 2.66ghz that i have got now cheers.

Re: processors

what do you mean what there like....USE GOOGLE OR SOMETHING ITS WHAT ITS THERE FOR

Comment

I'm pretty sure my dad has a 3800 and its pretty good. Its nothing compared to the core 2 duo's though.

Also, I would think it would be better than the p4 because i think the 3800 means its comparable to a p4 3.8 ghz.

But, correct me if im wrong guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
        what do you mean what there like....USE GOOGLE OR SOMETHING ITS WHAT ITS THERE FOR
        Google doesnt tell me whether it will be better than what i have got.

Comment

The 64-bit 3800 would be an upgrade compared to your P4 2.6

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
          And there's no need to be a tard. The dude's simply asking a question. Either answer it or leave it alone. No need for drama to be introduced because someone's asking for a bit more niche advice than what a search engine would give.

Comment

maybe try for a 4600+ maybe???

Comment

i dunno anything abaout processors

Comment

cheers guys

Comment

the 3800s are great, overclock well, are not that expensive and would definately be an improvement over your 266

Comment

yep there would be a nice improvement...i think it would be like a p4 3.8ghz

Comment

Just ordered a 4400+ from ebay

L2 1mb x 2

I herd its good for the money, thats if you can find it anywhere besides ebay.

Comment

cheers guys thanks for the info now for the next question would i be better off with 2x 7300gt or 1x 7900gtx i am thinking the gtx

Comment

I have a 3800+Am2, and I've gotta say, its a huge step from a 2.4. I think its rated as a 5.8ghz, or so says srtest.com. It's dual core, so changing from a game to a webpage and changing back takes 2 seconds. Its avery good processor, easily overclockabale, or so I've heard, never tried, but overall, a very good buy for the price.

To answer that, without a doubt the 7900GTX would be better. 10xbetter, there is no question about it, the 7900gt, or the gtx are both MUCH better then the 7300gt.

Comment

^ yeah, the 7300 is like the low-end card for the 7 series, and a few cards from the older 6 series still outrun it..so def get the 7900gt

Comment

ok thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X