Need Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!!!!

just gone from a 9800 pro to a X1950 pro just after installing the new patch now after like 10 mins playing BF2 i get huge black mounds and black hills and ground i have all drivers up todate and have tryed reinstalling BF2 but still the same anyone no why ?????

Re: Need Help!!!!

Without knowing the rest of your specs, it could be exactly 756 different things. It sounds like a heat-related problem. Is the fan turning? Do you have good ventilation?

Also, is your PSU rated high enough? You aren't trying to run an x19xx series card on a 300W PSU are you? This also (possibly) gets back to heat--if you stress a cheap(er) PSU enough, differences in how "clean" and stable the volts are can cause some problems.

Initial suggestion: If your PSU is ok (450-500W), then I'd suggest you open the side of your computer, point a fan at the guts, and play for a while. If the black hills come back, you know it (probably) isn't a heat issue. If the black hills and other artifacts go away, then you need to find a way to get more air into your case.

Good luck.

Comment

you prolly need more juice in your vc

Comment

yea. you need more air or more power in ur computer

Comment

Originally posted by makka99
          yea. you need more air or more power in ur computer
          ya thanks for rephrasing what i just said that was really nice of you.

btw if you do buy the 7950GT, dont oc it unless you know for a fact that you have enough power/coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings
            ya thanks for rephrasing what i just said that was really nice of you.
            you too, champ.

back on topic--you could have a faulty x19xx. But I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
            X