Not a good sign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good sign.

Well in BF2 the CTD's have been minimal, maybe 1 a day sometimes 1 every 3 days...then again sometimes (like today) 10 a day.
    And dont get me started about 2142...Im up to 2 days unplayable for ore then 10 minutes, sometimes much shorter...In fact I gave up on it for a whole month then played 3 days straight last week with very very very few CTD's..but for the last 2 days totaly unplayable. In fact me and quite a few people know for a fact that if you play one map before any others you will get a deffinite crash with a message about "sanity check--doesnt seem sane"

But here is the kicker the above all funniest crap showing a sheer abundance of neglect on DICE/EA or whoever makes this crap stick..check this from the support section of TB2142 from DICE..

Originally posted by -DICE-CKMC
    Hey guys - could you post crash logs for these CTD's so I can have our programming group check into it?
    Now for the funny part...unlike BF2 having a dmp folder..there is no dmp folder for 2142.. so after many responses in the post saying "UM...there isnt that folder" this is the response..

Originally posted by -DICE-CKMC
    Roughly the same location as in BF2

\My Documents\Battlefield 2142\dmp

If the CTD is not generating logs then that is a seperate problem I will have to look into
    and this post by the guy from DICE is followed by everyone agreeing..that folder is non-existent.
    OK seriously..you guys make the game and sell yet have no idea this folder doesnt exist? By far this is the nail in the coffin for me and the Bf2 series, I dont knwo what happened prior to the release of patch 1.3 that made BF2 an unstable trian wreck..but it followed over to 2142 and has ruined that for a majority of people. One responce I read lead me to think maybe DICE was testing a line of code for 2142 in the 1.3 patch, which in turn destroyed BF2 and was likely to destory 2142 before it hit the shelves. Sorry if this post seems aimed towards 2142 problems, but Im a BF2 lover and had to share this ignorance with you guys..plus I just spent 45 minutes CTDing in BF2.

Re: Not a good sign.

Very interesting. I wouldn't doubt it at all considering what I've seen out of EA/DICE.

Comment

PKM,

having not played BF2142 at all, are you saying that it has CTD's too?

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
        PKM,

having not played BF2142 at all, are you saying that it has CTD's too?
        Of course it does, it's made by DICE! C'mon..

But seriously, yes it does, it's had it's issues. Not least, the 1.05 patch which caused the majority of players to CTD at the end of a Titan round, which is why they rushed a fix out in the 1.06 patch.

Comment

Wow.... 3 patches in what? A month, 6 weeks...?
          EA/Dice just dont learn do they.
          PKM, sorry to hear of your problems...luckily I dont have any CTD in BF2 and I didnt buy 2142.
          The only ones who suffer are the consumers....

Comment

wow no dup folder wow that sucks

Comment

eh I havent CTD in Bf2 since 1.41 came out, and I dont care about 2142

Comment

not a single ctd for me in 1.4 or 1.41(nor in any other patch, bar the "join button" ctd in 1.3), you might want to stability test your system if your getting them while playing bf2.

and i remember the beta of 2142, that ctd'ed a few times for me

Comment

I still get CTD's both in 1.4 and 1.41

Comment

damn my bf2/dmp folder has 98 dump files in it. :cry:
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by oddANGRYshot
                      Wow.... 3 patches in what? A month, 6 weeks...?
                      EA/Dice just dont learn do they.
                      PKM, sorry to hear of your problems...luckily I dont have any CTD in BF2 and I didnt buy 2142.
                      The only ones who suffer are the consumers....
                      They dont release patches people complain, they release 3 patches in about a month and people complain

Comment

Working...
                      X