Pilots all on the same team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pilots all on the same team

unless im bombing, i would always switch team if the other team is getting too weak. but after 1.4 i cant do it ne more cuz it crashes my system if i do.

Comment

I used to change sides too but tbh the only thing that makes any sense in a stacked server is leaving.

On the stronger side it gets hard competing with your own team getting kills and on the weaker side its not fun being pounded on by cyber bullys while half your team go afk or simply leave.

Comment

sometimes I TK my teammates if they base rape alot, I only swich teams if one of my friends is on he oposite side

Comment

Ye that is why I usally try to get on that team rarely will i ever see a close game with a air map

Comment

I absolutely hate that. Im used to playing in only a few selected servers only and I see the same faces flying on the same team (anything BUT USMC) and grouping together. I always switch to the losing team. If the losing team is not USMC, then I deliberately DONT switch. You deserve to be raped and pillaged if youre playing on a side which has superior everything and cant use it. Then again, if pilots bunch up on USMC side, my good heart tells me to switch over.

Comment

Sometimes pilots switch because there are 5-6 other people (nubs) trying to get in the planes, even in some cases when they know that there are much more capable people on their team because of the previous round. If you're going to waste the jet and take it over a better pilot, you have no right to complain when that pilot switches teams and rapes you, sorry.

Comment

Great..

Comment

i see someoneelse has discovered teamstacking... welcome to BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Elder
                    Sometimes pilots switch because there are 5-6 other people (nubs) trying to get in the planes, even in some cases when they know that there are much more capable people on their team because of the previous round. If you're going to waste the jet and take it over a better pilot, you have no right to complain when that pilot switches teams and rapes you, sorry.
                    That's true.

Comment

I'm sorry, this is not an issue of if players are nubs, or can't fly planes properly. This is an issue of skilled pilots purposefully going on the same team so that there are no dogfights, there are no challenges in the sky, in order to rape the other team. They're not interested in a fair round, they're interested in racking up the points in order to rank up. It becomes a vicious cycle. Rank means nothing. It never has, and never will in online gaming.

The sole purpose to play a game is firstly for fun, secondly for friendly and sportmans-like, friendly competition. Hey, I'm very competitive, and I absolutely hate to lose, and I respect a player winning if he has bested me fair and square.

However, I just up and leave a server when 'air-stacking' happens, because it turns the game into an annoyance, where everyone on my team is running around like crazed chickens, getting blown to bits by 4 planes, 3 choppers, the commander's artillery, and all the armor from all the bases on the map besides the last. The inbalance is so total, that the offending team could simply cap the last flag and end the round, but instead they 'milk' the base of spawners until they get fed up and leave the server. GG.

Noone deserves the planes more than anyone else. If in a formal competition, then yes. In a public server, we all have access to flying machines, regardless of skill. Noone has the right to tell me if I can take a chopper or not.

I have recently done a lot more flying (being gunner in chopper) and I have to say it's an entirely different world up in the air. It's very easy to rack up points, easy to get kills, and is much less hectic than my usual groundpounding. That being said, if there was noone in the air threatening us half the time, the whole thing probably would get boring fast. I'm sorry, but it takes more skill as an AT on the ground, then to point a TV missile at someone. Whoopedy doo. Now make it that you have no challengers in the sky, and just rape peeps on the ground - yawn... But hey, some players are just the "God Mode" type, and can't play without the odds stacked in their favor.

Don't worry, I won't whine. I'll just leave the server, and you'll be one less teamplayer available to make BF2 what it's supposed to be. A fun, team-oriented game.

Comment

Play another server, and avoid Strike at Karkand and Wake Island.

Thats the only advice I can give you.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                          I'm sorry, this is not an issue of if players are nubs, or can't fly planes properly. This is an issue of skilled pilots purposefully going on the same team so that there are no dogfights, there are no challenges in the sky, in order to rape the other team. They're not interested in a fair round, they're interested in racking up the points in order to rank up. It becomes a vicious cycle. Rank means nothing. It never has, and never will in online gaming.
                          I'm just saying there is more than one reason for it, it's not necessarily because they want points. Maybe they know each other and want to play on the same team, ever think of that? Or maybe they're extremely annoyed with all the idiot noobs on the runway so they switch teams to actually get a vehicle, despite the fact that the team they're switching to is already dominating the team they switched from. This is often the scenario for me as I absolutely will not stand to have a bunch of nubs take a plane I know I could help change the outcome of the battle with and repeatedly crash it or become targets for the enemy planes. When this happens I just switch teams and if a noob ever TKs me for a plane I'll automatically switch teams, get in the air, and make sure they get a nice shiny purple heart.

The sole purpose to play a game is firstly for fun, secondly for friendly and sportmans-like, friendly competition. Hey, I'm very competitive, and I absolutely hate to lose, and I respect a player winning if he has bested me fair and square.
                          You must not know much about the average pub nub BF2 player. The first goal is to have fun yes, but "having fun" can only be defined as what that individual pubber finds as fun, they really couldn't care less about how much fun the other people in the server are having. The second purpose the average pub nub plays this game for is points, you know how all those shiny medals drive pub nubs wild. However I do have to admit you have a point with the whole fun thing. Is it really fun for me to stand on the runway, waiting for a plane along with a bunch of people too retard for the special olympics trying to get into a plane I can single handedly change the outcome of the battle with, continually taking it and doing poorly in it, and then whining about getting "omfg pwned" by the enemy? To be honest I think that's why I like competitive play so much. The best pilot gets the jet, the best tanker the tank, and the best heli crew/solo pilot the heli, period. There's not 6 other people running to the vehicle you'd be best for the team in at the start, then force tking themselves or tking you if you actually manage to get in it.

However, I just up and leave a server when 'air-stacking' happens, because it turns the game into an annoyance, where everyone on my team is running around like crazed chickens, getting blown to bits by 4 planes, 3 choppers, the commander's artillery, and all the armor from all the bases on the map besides the last. The inbalance is so total, that the offending team could simply cap the last flag and end the round, but instead they 'milk' the base of spawners until they get fed up and leave the server. GG.
                          Well then you can thank your teammates for driving all the good players to the other team. Sometimes you might even have a great pilot on your team but he can't even get air born because of your crappy team members taking the planes. If you really care about winning so much, find out who the good pilots are, let them have the jets, and TK all others who try to get in them. Then again it is just a pub so who the f u c k cares?

Noone deserves the planes more than anyone else. If in a formal competition, then yes. In a public server, we all have access to flying machines, regardless of skill. Noone has the right to tell me if I can take a chopper or not.
                          Wow, genius in the house right here. You do realise this works both ways don't you? If you, along with all your pub scrub buddies have the right to crash into the trees as much as you want with the most valuable equipment, then the players who are actually good have an equal right to switch teams because of this annoyance and proceed to rape the **** out of you. So either give the most devastating vehicles to the people who actually know how to use them effectively, or stop your god damn whining when you get owned by the other teams air power.

I have recently done a lot more flying (being gunner in chopper) and I have to say it's an entirely different world up in the air. It's very easy to rack up points, easy to get kills, and is much less hectic than my usual groundpounding. That being said, if there was noone in the air threatening us half the time, the whole thing probably would get boring fast. I'm sorry, but it takes more skill as an AT on the ground, then to point a TV missile at someone. Whoopedy doo. Now make it that you have no challengers in the sky, and just rape peeps on the ground - yawn... But hey, some players are just the "God Mode" type, and can't play without the odds stacked in their favor.
                          Yes, I'm sure you're amazing in the air. Omg you can rack up points? Give this guy a freakin medal! It seems like you have a lot to learn about the air vehicles in this game. A great pilot will completely shut down the enemies air power, it's not team stacking, they're just doing their job.

Don't worry, I won't whine. I'll just leave the server, and you'll be one less teamplayer available to make BF2 what it's supposed to be. A fun, team-oriented game.
                          In order for it to be team-oriented, certain members of the team (the baddies) will have to make some sacrifices (mainly giving the vehicles they wish they were good at to the people who actually are). I mean there's no "I" in team right guys? If you aren't willing to be part of the team by doing so then shut your damn mouth when your team is getting blown off the map.

Comment

Spot on, Elder. Youve left out a very important clue to the masses, that if they really find air to be interesting and want to get some experience, they should choose Single Player mode first before ruining the security and fun of 30 players on their team.

Then again, its all about MY fun in public servers anyway.

Switching sides to either balance and stack is only a conscience issue (hope I spelled that one right). With 330 ticket rounds its just a mild pain in the ***.

I dont think 99% here have played against a stacked team with a 2200 ticket count or even more, where your team is driven into the sea in 5 minutes and you have to watch the show from the carrier for 2 hours.

Comment

Comments in bold.

It's definitely a good way to empty a server.

This is where I disagree: it's always been my opinion that a multi-level licensing and priority system should be put in place to ensure proper vehicle use, but that's a story for another day.

If you're repeatedly getting owned in a public server when there's a very vocal and obviously more talented player pleading for a chance to turn the tides, you're stupid and deserve to get baseraped. I often feel like Vassili Zaitsev: in the opening of the movie, he's running behind a soldier, constantly eyeing his rifle and waiting for the opportunity to take it... and he KNOWS it's going to be well used.

Again, if you're repeatedly getting owned in a public server when there's a very vocal and obviously more talented player pleading for a chance to turn the tides, you're stupid and deserve to get baseraped.

Very easy to rack up kills in a heli? If you're good, perhaps. More often than not, the heli duos I see in the air make one kill every 2 minutes: in my personal opinion, that's pathetic. However, I agree that once you're good, it's very easy to get kills.

I'm just saying there is more than one reason for it, it's not necessarily because they want points. Maybe they know each other and want to play on the same team, ever think of that? Or maybe they're extremely annoyed with all the idiot noobs on the runway so they switch teams to actually get a vehicle, despite the fact that the team they're switching to is already dominating the team they switched from. This is often the scenario for me as I absolutely will not stand to have a bunch of nubs take a plane I know I could help change the outcome of the battle with and repeatedly crash it or become targets for the enemy planes. When this happens I just switch teams and if a noob ever TKs me for a plane I'll automatically switch teams, get in the air, and make sure they get a nice shiny purple heart.

You must not know much about the average pub nub BF2 player. The first goal is to have fun yes, but "having fun" can only be defined as what that individual pubber finds as fun, they really couldn't care less about how much fun the other people in the server are having. The second purpose the average pub nub plays this game for is points, you know how all those shiny medals drive pub nubs wild. However I do have to admit you have a point with the whole fun thing. Is it really fun for me to stand on the runway, waiting for a plane along with a bunch of people too retard for the special olympics trying to get into a plane I can single handedly change the outcome of the battle with, continually taking it and doing poorly in it, and then whining about getting "omfg pwned" by the enemy? To be honest I think that's why I like competitive play so much. The best pilot gets the jet, the best tanker the tank, and the best heli crew/solo pilot the heli, period. There's not 6 other people running to the vehicle you'd be best for the team in at the start, then force tking themselves or tking you if you actually manage to get in it.

Well then you can thank your teammates for driving all the good players to the other team. Sometimes you might even have a great pilot on your team but he can't even get air born because of your crappy team members taking the planes. If you really care about winning so much, find out who the good pilots are, let them have the jets, and TK all others who try to get in them. Then again it is just a pub so who the f u c k cares?

Wow, genius in the house right here. You do realise this works both ways don't you? If you, along with all your pub scrub buddies have the right to crash into the trees as much as you want with the most valuable equipment, then the players who are actually good have an equal right to switch teams because of this annoyance and proceed to rape the **** out of you. So either give the most devastating vehicles to the people who actually know how to use them effectively, or stop your god damn whining when you get owned by the other teams air power.

Yes, I'm sure you're amazing in the air. Omg you can rack up points? Give this guy a freakin medal! It seems like you have a lot to learn about the air vehicles in this game. A great pilot will completely shut down the enemies air power, it's not team stacking, they're just doing their job.

In order for it to be team-oriented, certain members of the team (the baddies) will have to make some sacrifices (mainly giving the vehicles they wish they were good at to the people who actually are). I mean there's no "I" in team right guys? If you aren't willing to be part of the team by doing so then shut your damn mouth when your team is getting blown off the map.
                              Dude, can I have your baby? I agree with everything here. Holy sh*t do I ever agree...

Comment

if you suck in choppers theres no need to get in one, stay out..........it will make things work alot smoother

practice in single player and come back once you think you've gained enough skill

Comment

Working...
                                X