Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing field of view in BF2

Hi all,
    I want to change the FOV in BF2--not for saving out movies, but during actual gameplay. Can this be done? I'm not trying to cheat--I want to use the game as a tech demo on an immersive display system:
    Immersive Display Group are an independent, UK based company with nearly twenty years experience in the visual display industry.

Any help much appreciated. We're wanting to use this in a major simulation show in the US next week, but we've got to solve this field of view problem first. Thanks!

ImmersiveGuyUK

Re: Changing field of view in BF2

Can only change view while riding in vehicles. Unless you can use the Battle Recorder. Damn thing has never worked for me.
    Good luck.

Comment

yeah what he said ^ and u can look at urself when parachuting or going up laddders, but thats it. Theres a 3rd person mod somewhere, but u wont be able to play online. I also heard of a glitch a while ago (it mite not be fixed yet) about getting to play in 3rd person view,but i think someone from ROE advised not to do that.

Comment

thanks for the reply's so far, really need to crack the video config's to force a FOV of 130 - 150 degs

Comment

Battlerecorder is helpless for me as well, and changing your FOV while playing out of a vehicle/fixed wing is considered cheating i suggest not to do it.

Comment

From all that I have gathered from the community and the boys at DiCE (with their occasional posts), you can not increase the FOV with the BF2 engine in its current state. DiCE has proclaimed it will not make any modifications for greater Widescreen support or display changes in the near future (meaning BF2 or 2142). Their next engine for BF3 or Bad Company engine...well, that remains to be seen.

Sorry man. If you find out anything, please bump this up and maybe PM the posters in this thread. It would be sticky worthy!

Comment

Working...
            X