Multiplayer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer problems

I have had an extremely frustrating problem with BF2 since i bought it. everything about the game works, except when i join an online game, i get about 10 seconds of gameplay, then the game locks up and i have to restart my comp. i cant alt tab, cntrl alt dlt or anything. this only happens on multiplayer, singleplayer works fine. Please, any help would be highly appreciated

Re: Multiplayer problems

system specs kthx

Comment

close all your tray icons and background programs, turn off p2p and open the side of your case

Comment

system specs are:
        NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT(pci-e)
        Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
        AMD Athlon 64 3000+
        1.5 gb ram

Comment

have you done the above? Also for the 10 seconds or so you are in the server, quickly look at the scoreboard and see what ping it says you have

Comment

drivers?
            connection?
            firewall/AV?

Comment

i tried closing all of the programs and that didnt change anything. my ping was 60. i have all updated drivers but i am not using a firewall. i am connected to a router though and i dont know if that has a firewall and i dont know how to find out. i am running a broadband connection that is about 300kb/s

also i have been able to run any other game online that i have tried so far with absolutely no problems

Comment

youd need to look up your routers admin page through your browser, it probably hasnt got another firewall as NAT acts as one anyway, also if it was that youd be having problems in other games.

My guess is video, but we dont really have much to go on

Comment

do u mean video as in my card isnt compatible?

Comment

no im guessing the problem may be in the drivers, hardware or settings but its just a guess .... a 7950GT should do high settings up to 1600x1200 when set up right.

Comment

I would make sure all of your drivers are uploaded and you've allowed bf2 in your firewall. I believe majority of routers have firewalls built in so be sure to check that, however that shouldn't cause a system to reboot.

Comment

i dunno tho cuz i jus recently upgraded to the 7950, but i had the same problem with my old graphics card

Comment

Working...
                        X