Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Core 2 Duo socket 775-will it work on my P4 mobo with 775?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core 2 Duo socket 775-will it work on my P4 mobo with 775?

Hey, I heard that the core 2 duos need a special mobo but mine is 775 witha 3ghz P4 in it, so is it compatible?

Buy Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 - Core 2 Duo Conroe Dual-Core 2.13 GHz LGA 775 65W Processor - BX80557E6400 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

that is probably not the one ill get cuz ill shell out more money for a better one but basically, can i get that without changing mobos?

BTW, I have a 775 LGA mobo, so this should work?...

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo socket 775-will it work on my P4 mobo with 775?

It should be. I've got the E6600. Damn good so far.

Comment

How about the make and model, or at least a link to your motherboard.

Comment

I can say that if your mobo is more than 3 months old, chances are it will not work with the new proc.

Comment

But if you could just tell us the mobo model, we could give you a definite answer.

Comment

MOBO model: RC410-SB450

in it I have a pentium 4 3.0GHz 630 processor
            using CPU-Z it says that, and it says "package" socket 775 LGA and it has 90nm technology.

Comment

Originally posted by mattymac1
              MOBO model: RC410-SB450

in it I have a pentium 4 3.0GHz 630 processor
              using CPU-Z it says that, and it says "package" socket 775 LGA and it has 90nm technology.

I really doubt it will work, is this a home made pc?

Comment

When i bought it in June, it was prebuilt emachines. It was new. I dont wanna upgrade the mobo cuz then ill have to buy new ram. if it doesnt work ill have to use the p4 3ghz for a few years until i buy a new PC.

Comment

When i bought it in June, it was prebuilt emachines. It was new. I dont wanna upgrade the mobo cuz then ill have to buy new ram. if it doesnt work ill have to use the p4 3ghz for a few years until i buy a new PC.
                  I guarantee you 100% it won't work.

Comment

Id understand if it wouldnt work, I just want to be 100% sure, because I need a new processor, and if it requires socket 775, and I have a 775, i thought id give it a try.

Actually, I have DDR2 ram, so maybe if i upgrade the mobo I wont have to upgrade RAM...they do sell kits up core 2 duos with mobos...

Comment

Actually, I have DDR2 ram, so maybe if i upgrade the mobo I wont have to upgrade RAM...they do sell kits up core 2 duos with mobos...
                      There ya' go. Just make sure you're new mobo supports all your current devices. I know a quite a few folks who plugged in their 2 fairly new-EIDE hd's, only to find that their MOBO only had one EIDE channel, hence no second channel for the optical drives. Adapters solve these problems, but it's usually better to make sure everything will plug in out of the gate. Then again, Emachines may have completely switched to SATA drives, although they tend to favor which ever supplier can provide the product the cheapest.

Comment

i dont know if its important to you or not but with a new mobo or even a mobo flash, your restore cd's are useless

Comment

Working...
                        X