playing mods??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing mods??

I hope this is in the right section, forgive me if its not.
    Anyways, Im bored with playing the same maps so im thinking about downloading a new mod to play and I have a couple of questions.
    1. if I download a mod will it mess with playing regular bf2 and spec forces as far as punkbuster and patches etc. example...cant play regular bf2 ranked servers and what not?
    2. whats the most popular mod that majority of the people play?
    3.how easy is it to install?
    4. is it worth it?
    please add anything else thanks

Re: playing mods??

1. No, there is a mod folder set especially aside from the "main" game so it will not affect ranked play. Sometimes patches from EA may cause problems with your mods but the mod community is usually on top of it and have a patch of their own.

2. Depends on what you want, SP or MP? I like SP so my picks are point of existance 2, allied intent etc etc but do whichever you like.

3. I think every mod I've downloaded thus far has had an auto installer, just click install and you're done.

4. If adding extra FREE content with better support than EA is a bad thing, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

PoE2 man. Try them all as I have... but POE will keep you coming back for more and it is the most populated of the mods.

Comment

Too bad POE seems to be highly unstable on my rig, the maps load nicely, but at some point the game crashes to desktop without warning, usually when I try something vehicle related.

I myself like Allied Intent and Mercenaries, but that's just cos I like coop. :P

Comment

2: POE2 Desert Conflict and Operation Peacekeeper

Comment

Is desert conflict out yet?

Comment

Yep PoE2 and PR are good mods. You should look into them.

Comment

If you love realistic paly go for Project reallity mod ( google it ) it has lots of new nice game mods such as extraction , lots of new veh's and weapons and a new army

Poe2 is a nice mod with a complete overhaul of the bf2 weapons and vehs and has some nice maps

OPK also has some nice weapons and vehs i tink a new release form them is coming soon

but the biggie is Fh forgotten hope , wich is yet to be realesed but if you look at there site you will see what i mean by they are awsome

Comment

Downloading and installing mods are a great way to get the most for your money with games. The Half-Life and Battlefield series have had an amazing shelf life because of them. They are correct in saying that mods do not affect current original game installs.As far as BF2 mods, there are many out, and many more still developing. Some of the ones released include:
                  Operation PeaceKeeper
                  Project Reality
                  Point of Existence 2
                  Rising Conflicts

Some on the horizon include:
                  Forgotten Hope 2
                  Desert Conflict - Although we do have a Capture the Flag minimod out.
                  Battleship
                  United Coalition
                  Battlegroup-Frontlines

For a more comprehensive listing, I recommend visiting ModDB's website.
                  http://mods.moddb.com/?search=true&m...ame=109&type=0

Comment

1.No only thing that could happen would affect the mods. Sometimes it when you install patches it takes mods longer to catch up to the current BF2 version.
                    2. Point of Existence 2 and Project Reality
                    3. next, next, finish
                    4. I don't know are you willing to pay nothing, to get hours and hours of fun?

Comment

your forgetting dawnpatrol
                      mods wont affet your bf2 game, many tbh are better than bf2 itself.

Comment

so whats the vanilla mod i have heard of ??.. and i still don't get it so if i download any of the mods install it, i can still play normal bf2??

Comment

The term "vanilla" just refers to the original game, BF2.

Comment

thats probably a stupid question..but i am a bit thick :rofl:

Comment

I always recommend that if one of the mods catches your eye, to visit their respective websites and get involved with the community. It makes it a lot more fun to play, and who knows, you just may end up working with the mod itself! That's how I got to be where I am now.

Comment

Working...
                              X