Long Range Shooting Records.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long Range Shooting Records.

I really have no idea how far it was, but I consider it my best shot in al my history of ever playing BF2. One of those shots where your left with a tingling sensation afterwards.

One of those shots where you just gotta scream "BOOM HEADSHOT!" after (Pure Pwnage reference)

Anyways, Come away with me and I'll tell you my tale of wonder....

I was still pretty new to BF2, but even I knew how great this shot was.

I don't remember the day so don't ask.

The map was gulf (golf?) of Oman.

I was sniper and had hauled a$s up the crane to the very top.

I looked out to the beach. The two armies were fighting fiercely and I had a clear view of the MEC's line of attack toward the USMC. Although they were headed in a perpendicular directon then I was facing, they were walking in straight lines. I took aim and started shooting with my brand spanking new M95.

After several minutes of mising horribly (still getting used to the gun and new to BF2 in general, less than 75 hours playing I'd guesstimate) I landed one marvelous, stunning headshot.

My whole world slowed down as I saw the man fall to the ground. The "you killed" utterly amazed me. I had been beginning to think I would never hit anything from up there, that I was out of range or something.

So that's my story, my one, jaw-dropping headshot that made my day.

If only I'd known how to take screenies back then.... If only....

Comment

It got a little cut off my screen is too big for the 800 x 600 size limit.
      if you notice it says 385 in the background that was about 18m behind him. on the runway

Close up of the pixilated picture showing a weird dark object (Died ninja).

Right after that shot i reloaded and popped a few more at around the same range.

Comment

I was by that first flag at Jalalabad and I shot once at hotel corner and got a kill with the M4.

Comment

lol nice, m4 is a plinker

Going long distance here!!!! I just spent last 10 minutes firing off rounds from 410m away! i hit them basterds too!! i just didn't kill anybody -.-

And if you look at the right corner of my crosshair you see a guy there, he is big compaired to what i am shooting at he is 40m closer.

Just to give you a prospective of what i am shooting at I am going to go get another picture exepct not zoomed in. its crazy.

Comment

Mine is 513m. I actually started similar post few weeks ago where I explaned my record.

Here you can find the details:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ht=ACE_FIN1972

Comment

about 300m meters with the M95, the guy was in a humve I took a pot shot

Comment

Wait you nailed a guy from 500m away? what map?

Dalian Plant? from dock to dock?

Comment

Originally posted by PFC.WELCOME
                  Wait you nailed a guy from 500m away? what map?

Dalian Plant? from dock to dock?
                  Yeah it was Dalian, I explaned it on that post I mentioned but here is a copy paste of my text.

"I made my sniping record last night. Current figure is 513m

It was so beautifull shot that I must share it with you fellows. I was laying in the gantry on the South Docks, sniping MEC players hiding on the Reactor Towers. After while I notice someone MG:ing our helo far away somewhere near North Docs. When zooming, I saw a jeep on the bank between Warehouse and North Dock. I couldn't see the gunner only the jeep was rendered. I took one shot with large elevation a bit side of the estimated line of the gunner, just to find a correct elevation. First shot hit the car so I had a pretty good hint where to shoot. With the second shot I took the gunner in the line. Click...you killed xxxx.

God Damn, I was so pleased that I forgot to save the name of that fellow. Then I created a squad and placed Defend here mark to the place where that car was located. 513m says my screen :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Damn I'm good

"

Still get nice warm feeling when I think back that great shot

Comment

Gulf of Oman

made a shot from the beach water line to the top of the crane tower and killed another sniper. I think I was using the 50cal which was pretty good considering the cross-hairs on that rifle are so fat you can hardly see your victim.

Killing people who are running is my favorite though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5cent
                      what button shows it again? i believe theres one...
                      You either can use the Flags at the CP for reference by pressing (default) ALT key.

If you go SquadLeader you can set waypoints like Move To. If you put this waypoint on a target you can get an exact readout on the distance by again pressing ALT.

My own personal record is still 453 meters on Dragon Valley in a head-on shootout from the East hill to the West hill with another Sniper. He was barely visible in the fog but he was determined to get me to and didnt move. I got him with the third round fired with an headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101
                        You either can use the Flags at the CP for reference by pressing (default) ALT key.

If you go SquadLeader you can set waypoints like Move To. If you put this waypoint on a target you can get an exact readout on the distance by again pressing ALT.

My own personal record is still 453 meters on Dragon Valley in a head-on shootout from the East hill to the West hill with another Sniper. He was barely visible in the fog but he was determined to get me to and didnt move. I got him with the third round fired with an headshot.
                        nice shot jemmie.

and thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                        X