How long has this been going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long has this been going on?

So for the first time in ages I'm playing BF2, and once again addicted to Oman/Karkand...I don't know what it is...I won't play for weeks and then all of a sudden I can't stop!

Anyway, so I update and everything, and I'm playing as Special Forces KIT (not game) (Or is it Spec Ops? Wasn't it spec ops at first until they released SF or something). I come face to face with an enemy APC, I proceed to place C4 on the side, the enemy does the sensible thing and bails out and attempts to run (I was in the turrents blind spot), I blow the C4 and don't kill him (this MAY be relevant), a team-mate spawns at the spawn point and kills the guy, then runs past the wreckage of the APC as it does the whole second explosion to clear the model thing and kills him. It gives me a TeamKill and the friendly punishes me!

Is this normal? Is this another side-effect of the patch?

Re: How long has this been going on?

its bs, I TKd alot of people like that, its pissing me of

Comment

you killed the apc, apc kills team-mate - you get the TK

this is done to ensure you get the kill if he got out and was close enough to be killed by the explosion of the vehicle. it will say "leeham [APC] dude" instead of death by C4.

its the way it is

oh and its spec ops

Comment

No its been arround for ages but I think its gotten bigger

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
          you killed the apc, apc kills team-mate - you get the TK

this is done to ensure you get the kill if he got out and was close enough to be killed by the explosion of the vehicle. it will say "leeham [APC] dude" instead of death by C4.

its the way it is

oh and its spec ops
          If they stopped friendlies being TKed by jets (when they tried to combat the whole punish/kick problem) then surely they could have developed a system for other vehicles explosions.

Oh well :cry:

Comment

what change are you refering to? they made the AA missiles less likely to track friendlies after the lock breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
              what change are you refering to? they made the AA missiles less likely to track friendlies after the lock breaks.
              That's ironic, because that's what I've had most trouble with! If I remember rightly they made it so when a friendly is in a jet, and the jet begins moving, if an idiot friendly is stood in the way, it kills them but they don't get to punish the TK (since people did/do it on purpose so much).

Although, they did seem to fix the server/client crashes for me ever since 1.4 BETA1 so I applaud them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeham
                That's ironic, because that's what I've had most trouble with! If I remember rightly they made it so when a friendly is in a jet, and the jet begins moving, if an idiot friendly is stood in the way, it kills them but they don't get to punish the TK (since people did/do it on purpose so much).
                Nope that never happened. I wish it would show as a no more for all those *******es who do that ****.

Comment

what you are trying to say is you put c4 on apc, enemy runs out your team member kills the enemy, the second explosion rips out and you get a tk, that is total bs, his fault

Comment

Originally posted by fotrsaken
                    what you are trying to say is you put c4 on apc, enemy runs out your team member kills the enemy, the second explosion rips out and you get a tk, that is total bs, his fault
                    doesnt have to be c4 can be however you destroyed the vehicle in question.

Comment

its part of the game...wreckage can explode..and that can kill ppl

Comment

you should of jumped in the apc when he got out.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

at least thats not as bad as when I used the gun mounted on the back of the essex to shoot down the su-34. And when its wreckage drifted into a full blackhawk killing everyone inside giving me 6tk's.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                            Nope that never happened. I wish it would show as a no more for all those *******es who do that ****.
                            I could of sworn they made that change in one of the very first patches.

Comment

Silly factor is that you can immediately hop out/in of a vehicle. Should have been a 2 second lag in and out of a vehile after you hit the button. Way too many 50mph bailout jihad jeeps. Poor coding meant to coddle the quake kids. If they built the game correctly the game would allow exit lag to allow shots to kill the player and make more sense.

I also agree it should not give you a tk if johnny newb runs near a dead vehicle. How many times is the darn thing going to explode to clear the gamefield? It already blew up once when you killed them.....

Comment

Working...
                              X