Computer Specs:
    ------------------------------
    Custom Built
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    Foxconn 761GXK8MB-RS Motherboard
    PNY Verto Geforce 6600 256mb Graphics Card
    768 MB 3200 DDR DRAM
    120GB Seagate HD
    All Current Drivers (Check for Updates Each Week)
    Microsoft Windows XP PRO Full Install Version
    PCcillin Antivirus/Microsoft Firewall
    1GB DSL Internet Connection
    Compaq Presario SR2020NX
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    Not Sure of Motherboard. Pretty Certain it's an Asus with NVidia nForce Chipset
    Visiontek x1300 512MB Graphics Card
    2GB 4200 PC2 DDR2 DRAM
    160GB SATA HD
    Current Drivers
    Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition 2005
    PCcillin Antivirus/Microsoft Firewall
    1GB DSL Internet Connection
    A couple of questions for you. I recently purchased this after having played for quite a while on a friends comp. I finally decided that I wanted to be able to go online and play against my roommate on the comp in his room. Well everything seems to go great except for 3 things. I purchased 2 headsets to use during gaming and whilst installing the game, they work fine when you need to set the mic levels at the end iof install. Then, I install patch 1.41 and start the game and I can seem to get the mic to work. Any ideas why?

The next issue is regarding installing the game on my roommates compaq that he just bought. You will see the specs listed above. The game will not install past disc #1. It asks you to insert disc #2 and then the install just sits there and does nothing. I managed to install it for him using the manual install method found on EA's website but I was curious to know if anyone else had this issue.

Finally, when setting up a local server. If I set up the server on my machine and then have him join from the other room to play a 1 on 1 duel, his machine crashes after it finishes connecting to the server but before clicking on join game. But, if I set his machine up as the server and then join the game with my comp, it works just fine. This has me quite confused as both machines are fairly new and have no issues with anything else.

If anyone has any answers for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Elliott

Re: 2 Questions Regarding Microphone and Local Server

ok, is the mic a USB? there have been some knowen probs with them, try running the VOIP setup in the BF2 folder a couple of times, that can fix it no promises tho. and the server maybe due to the manual install?? thats only a guess not too sure but i had simular probs with doom 3 when i manual installed it and tryed deathmatching my mate found out a file was missing

Comment

Re: 2 Questions Regarding Microphone and Local Server

Thanks for the info. I'll try your suggestions as soon as I get home today.

Comment

Working...
      X