Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF - CPU and VGA hungry?

Hi all,

I first off apologize if this has been covered.

Since my clan (=S*E=) has started hosting SF rooms - in particular Warlord ive had players on the team complain off more lagg. Luckily one of the clan members with problems lives not far from me so i went around to check it out. It in actual fact was not lagg issues but video card and cpu related. It seemed that when he tried using his graphical settings hes used fine with BF2 on SF maps he got almost like a frame rate lagg. Yet on BF2 every map runs fine? I know the game is newer then Vanilla hence perhaps being more CPU heavey but to get rid of his problem i had to set all settings to low. Is there a significant differance on your PC when playing SF compared to SF?

Re: SF - CPU and VGA hungry?

Same here, but on night maps my PC locks up and i have 2 restart, so for now i never play on nightmaps :-(

Comment

Read the sticky above....
      then list specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings
        Read the sticky above....
        then list specs.
        jeez anyone would think your god around here....

this topic was previously in the SF forums.

you could have just asked for the specs instead of being so rude about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke59
          Same here, but on night maps my PC locks up and i have 2 restart, so for now i never play on nightmaps :-(
          i know it takes longer to load right

Comment

both work fine for me and i dont blame Nadokings for being "rude" as i to get sick of asking for specs all the time so u can try to help someone

Comment

I average 80-90 fps in vanilla and 70-80 in sf....maybe a server restart might be in order. Also, what are the system specs on your server?

Comment

With my old AGP and P4 socket 478, SF was more laggy, than BF2 Vanilla.. I dunno why.

Now I don't worry, with my X2 & 7900GTX

(want conroe & dx10 :P)

Comment

i have an agp card and p4 socket 478, everything runs great on full

Comment

Working...
                  X