Promotional Code!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotional Code!!

I got the BF2 Booster Pack Collection and as i finished installing it, i got sent to an EA web site asking for my promotional code. I put in the CD key on the booklet about three dif. ways, all caps, no dashes, etc, it didnt work. i tried the ISBN code, the proof of purchase code too, nothing worked. anyone else had and solved this problem? and how or someone tell me where i am to find this promotional code. i already sent EA support a message also, no reply of course.

Re: Promotional Code!!

Use the Dashes I did the exact same thing I purchased them all yesterday

Comment

i bought it at a store in a box and i tried the dashes

bump- anyone?? help please

Comment

im having the same, problem, submitted a form to EA, nothing yet, anybody else figured this out? its making me mad lol

Comment

I'm about to loose it. they have these problems because they are greedy. Sell the crap online, use pin #'s to varify purchase. Their is always an issue with these downloads. Usually im getting screwed on the other end.(store bought game works fine, and my download wont). Go figure.

Comment

lol and im having problems with the store-bought one now. i want to play armored fury so does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Comment

You're not doing anything wrong. It's just EA. I just bought the booster packs in store today and after installing I go to enter my promotional code online like it asks and they give me some crap error.

"
              The following error has occurred:

Web Page Error

Explanation:
              The web page couldn't be shown because of an internal error.
              How to Fix the Problem:
              Unfortunately, since you have encountered this error because of some server problem on our end, there's really nothing you can do at this time to correct the problem. Your best bet is to try again later."

Comment

this is retarded. after getting the "web page error" page many many times i finally managed to input my booster pack collection code, as well as registering both my copy of bf2 and the booster pack collection with ea's game reg system. so now the ea website account panel/ea link account panel (theyre the same thing with different skins, see the url) both say that my game is registered and associated with my ingame account name (even with the correct casing) yet attempting to play an AF or EF map (online or off) gives the same dialogue telling me to buy the game. i've tried everything suggested in ea's supposed solution to no avail. this is worse than the buggy and incomplete games ea is known to release; for the money i paid for this i have so far gotten nothing except a headache.

Comment

is the promo code required for game play?

Comment

From my understanding, this is sometimes due to Firefox being used. If that is the case with you guys, try switching to IE6 or IE7 just for the install. Selection of your browser is made at START (then right click and get PROPERTIES) Click CUSTOMIZE next to the Start Menu Check Box. For the Internet pulldown, select INTERNET EXPLORER.

You can always go back if it doesn't work.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                    X