ctd'ing a lot since i got 1.41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctd'ing a lot since i got 1.41

well, im running a pretty lowend system, i know(3.0 ghz pentium 4 processor, 1 gig ram, nvidia 5500 256mb..pci...), and for some reason i seem to be ctd'ing a lot since i got 1.41, why is this? i have all ym graphics on low or off if possible, sound quality low, no vfx or w.e that thing you check under sound quality it, 90% sight range or w.e, and i keep ctd for no reason, 1.4 i was able to do this pretty nicely...im also experiencing a high ammount of low fps, i know my system isnt hot or w.e, it have a very cold room atm, case open, fans going, everything, i dunno, any tips to increase my fps and less frequently ctd, or just sit back and play as much as i can till i have enough cash to get a new comp?

Re: ctd'ing a lot since i got 1.41

Firstly, i would clean out your fans and filters in your computer as it could be a temp problem. Dust and stuff can clog up the heat sinks and filters meaning that there is greatly reduced airflow.
    Secondly, i would make sure that all the drivers on your comp are up to date. Old drivers can cause low FPS because they do not contain optimisations for the game in hand.
    thirdly, do a sweep of your comp for spyware, malware etc just to make sure that it is nothing like that. I would use Adaware, spybot and then a registry checker like CCleaner to top it off.
    Finally, if your game isn't working by this point, get frustrated cos you just wasted a load of time, and then reinstall BF2.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. 1.4 stopped my CTD's. Then 1.41 re-enabled them!

Comment

i did full scan for anything yesterday so that should be okay, i guess i havent upgraded my drivers in a while, ill try dat

-mike

ps: what exactly needs drivers besides graphics card, does the processor, ram, ect need?

Comment

WHAT ARE YOUR SYSTEM SPECS?
          gee next time read stickies =)

Comment

er...look at first post bud, 3.0ghz processor, 1gb ram, nvidia geforce fx 5500 256mb...my graphics card shouldnt even be able to play this game(it says at least 5700), i know, but when i first got the game, it ran perfectly, now as of late(1.4 and 1.41) it is really choppy gameplay and stuffs....and of course, lots of ctd since 1.41

Comment

ive overclocked my graphics card a lil, seems to work nicely

Comment

Working...
              X