1.41 kit pickup ctd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.41 kit pickup ctd

i just ctd'ed for the 2nd time today as i was picking up a kit, i did it occasionally in 1.4 and previous but now its way too often. Anyone else getting this?

Re: 1.41 kit pickup ctd

I'm experiencing it too. And not only picking up kits, but changing kits when i respawn. Eg. Before i died, i was medic, after i'm dead i changed to support and boom!....ctd.

Comment

none here lately thankfully

Comment

I've had a kit change a couple of times,
        a crash to desktop once but I think it might of been a hot key thing like hitting ALT and TAB together. I only had to click on start tool bar and I was back in the game though dead.

Comment

its so annoying to be in game having a good round pickup a kit and bam game stutters and i see part of my desktop backround. Has anyone else noticed an increase in kit pickup ctds for 1.41?

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
            none here lately thankfully

Wow me niether.

Comment

guess we're special

Comment

guess we're special
                or normal, but i hope ur the special ones because if im the only one getting this then thats really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by hebrewhammer14
                  or normal, but i hope ur the special ones because if im the only one getting this then thats really bad.
                  In 1.40 I would ctd but on in I/O servers at the start of the round, it was rare maybe tiwice a week, since the update it hasn't happend again. I don't know for sure it was BF2 though since I did do alot of registry cleaning when I installed the update.

Hae you tried a re-install? How old is your current instal?

Comment

Originally posted by hebrewhammer14
                    your not alone...

Comment

In 1.40 I would ctd but on in I/O servers at the start of the round, it was rare maybe tiwice a week, since the update it hasn't happend again. I don't know for sure it was BF2 though since I did do alot of registry cleaning when I installed the update.

Hae you tried a re-install? How old is your current instal?
                      I had similar symptoms, also I had poor FPS. I did uninstall and reinstall procedure and all is cured. Its a fock up feature baked in BF2 code. Every patch they release shatters previous installation and in time game is wrecked --> Unistall --> Reinstall = Works untill next patch, that how it works at least for me :|:

Comment

copy that...

i got also a **** load of Graphic errors like Walls or streets diappearing and a FPS Drop from 60 to 25 FPS

Comment

It'll be a cold day in hell when people figure out that a small fix geared towards server instability does not affect minor game aspects, such as in this case picking up kits. The 1.4 patch had this problem and it would be intermittent at most times. This is not a problem with the 1.41 patch in particular. It's just a general game bug.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BDC
                            It'll be a cold day in hell when people figure out that a small fix geared towards server instability does not affect minor game aspects, such as in this case picking up kits. The 1.4 patch had this problem and it would be intermittent at most times. This is not a problem with the 1.41 patch in particular. It's just a general game bug.
                            bug/s as in plural :laugh:

Comment

I crashed only once with 1.41 but I wasnt able to pick up a kit once, alot of connection problems tho

Comment

Working...
                              X