Anti-Aliasing (Video Options)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Aliasing (Video Options)

What is Anti-Aliasing? In the Video Options...

What does it do?

I recently purchased a new PC and I have more options regarding how I choose to display BF2. My setting is on Medium although Texture, Geometries and Terrain are all on High. Everything else is Medium or On excepnt Anti-Aliasing. There are options for 2x and 4x. But I don't know what it does...

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Anti-Aliasing (Video Options)

ok bascially when lines like the edges of a wall in the game are not perfectly horizontal or horizontal, it will be jagged and anti-aliasing basically smoothes out the jaggedness

Comment

Oh, now I got it. Thanks a lot man.

Any opions for or against the use of it? Anyone?

Comment

4xAA looks nice but you need a good amount of horsepower to run it, put all your options on high before you add that in the mix, if you cant run everything on high without a slideshow then dont put it on.

Comment

I can run it all on high with 2x but it feels a bit slower than usual.

Comment

for me, 2x is fine. the game looks alot better and so do ur screenshots. it makes ur game a tiny bit blurry, but in a visually good way. i recommend it to be on for looks, but if ur having performance prob, then u can turn it off

Comment

dont run it unless u have a really good computer cuz it makes the gameplay choppy

Comment

a question i have been meaning to ask also, thanks serpent

Comment

having 2x aa on this game can improve performance, its abot like when playing HL2 if you play with zero aa you start to jerk, but stick it on 2xaa and the game play is very smooth, weird huh!

Comment

i run it on 4x without a problem and my pc aint that great...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                      i run it on 4x without a problem and my pc aint that great...
                      That system of yours is great, if you assume it is not, maybe you need to know a little about pc's & their components.

Comment

You can also use it to make older games look phenomenal with mid-end hardware. I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic (see sig for explanation) on 6xAA and 16xAF...and it looks sweet, runs fast. Even on an overclocked x800xt AIW, p4 3.0, and 1gig of pc3200.

Comment

kotr is the suxors for me very hard to beat lol..i still didnt get a lightsaber yet*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432
                            kotr is the suxors for me very hard to beat lol..i still didnt get a lightsaber yet*sigh*
                            'proly picking the wrong skills and feats.

*sry for going off topic

Comment

Ive been playing with everything on high and using the 2x. Ive only noticed a bit of sluggishness once. I was playing Karkand IO and some crazy noob ran around a corner blasting off a PKM in my face.

Only thing I don't like is how the text looks. Looks kinda' blurry like someone said before.

Anyone have information on the Nvidia GeForce 6150LE?

Comment

Working...
                              X