Running Faster & Farther?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Faster & Farther?

I know that running distance and maybe speed depends on kit choice. However, within the kits can a soldier run fruther and/or faster depending on what kind of weapon is being held in ones hand. For example in sniper mode if one switches from the rifle to the pistol can one run faster or further? Please advise. Thanks.

DaMan

Re: Running Faster & Farther?

I'm pretty sure you do not run any faster or further, from my experiences anyway. It wouldn't really make sense if you think about it...your still carrying the same mass regardless of current weapon.

Comment

I hate it when a tank is shooting at you and you need to get cover quick but your only going like 2 meters an hour and in real life you would get an adrenaline boost whcih would help you get cover, instead of slowly taking your time getting cover, sipping some coffee.

Comment

Its just like weapons reloading. In a fire fight, I'm pretty sure you would reload a lil quicker than what it does here. It's like in slow motion, casually taking the clip out, polishing it, carefully inserting the new clip. It takes forever.

Comment

You run faster with the knife out i think.

Comment

Originally posted by funk3h
            this is not counter-strike.

Comment

Originally posted by mattymac1
              I hate it when a tank is shooting at you and you need to get cover quick but your only going like 2 meters an hour and in real life you would get an adrenaline boost whcih would help you get cover, instead of slowly taking your time getting cover, sipping some coffee.
              I´m pretty sure that soldiers in BF2 are basically all moving at "superhuman" speed already, I gotta do a stopwatch run though so I can give you numbers.
              Also consider all the equipment a modern soldier runs around with, you won´t get nowhere as nimble IRL as in BF2.

Comment

lol, I use to play BHD. In BHD each class had a different running speed, but in all of them (except gunner) you could run faster if you have your knife out. So for the first few weeks of playing BF2, everytime I sprinted I would bring out my knife thinking it would help.:laugh: Of course, I died alot thanks to that mistake.:|:

Comment

If you play on Infantry Only servers Your Sprint times are increased....
                  The Kits that allow you to have more "Sprint" is Medic, Sniper , & Spec Ops.

Comment

Originally posted by mattymac1
                    not only that but they "soldiers" also can jog in real life why not in game when your boost is out your guy should almost have a jog like thing he does when you press the boost button joggings faster that walking anyways

Comment

Hahahhahahahha FPS Doug ftw.

No, you do not run faster or farther with different items out. It depends on your kit. Actually, all kits run at the same speed, just some can run farther than others.

Comment

everybody runs faster with a knife!

Comment

The speed is the same, but some classes have more stamina:

Medic, Sniper, Engineer and Spec Ops run more.
                          Assault, Anti-Tank and Support run less

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Pantloadz
                            I'm pretty sure you do not run any faster or further, from my experiences anyway. It wouldn't really make sense if you think about it...your still carrying the same mass regardless of current weapon.
                            exactly

Comment

I tested the BF2 soldier´s speed now (using a medic) by walking/jogging 50m and stopping the time. The results are as following:
                              running: 50m in ~7.5secs -> 6,6 m/s = 23,7 km/h
                              walking: 50m in ~13 secs -> 3,8 m/s = 13,7 km/h
                              Running is probably a good deal faster that what the average Joe could do with all equipment, but it´s actually slower than I expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X