Rainbow Six: Vegas Your Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Six: Vegas Your Thoughts

this game looks great and really fun. graphics are beautiful, and the gameplay looks pretty good. i really liked lockdown and want to know if you think it is worth getting? its it any good and why or why not.

Re: Rainbow Six: Vegas Your Thoughts

You liked? Lockdown? For SHAME. Vegas is steering quite clear of Lockdown, but still taking a bit of its fun aspects. It'll be much more like the original RS's, and I really can't wait, except I don't think it supports SM2.0, like DA. Still, I guess I'll rent it for the old xbox.

Comment

Yes it looks good, but shame there's virtually no PC information released by Ubisoft. It is supposed to be coming out in December on PC though.

Wait for the delay announcement!

Comment

You liked Lockdown? wow, that was the most arcadeish tactical shooter I`ve ever played-so easy and dumbed down. If Vegas will be anything like the original RS then I might get it.

Comment

single player is awesome, but MP well the graphics go down a lot ... almost looks like CS

Comment

Sorry for reviving this old beast.

Finished SP and trying out MP as soon as I get back to my net.

This game is fvcking fun. Tom Clancy storytelling at its best and finest and the firefights are best in the market (at the moment). The cover system is really great. Ive been blown away by the Single Player and Vegas has undoubtedly set a benchmark for AI. There was not a single case where I thought that Ai was stupid. Every time they died, it was because I ****ed up with the orders. I just cant see myself going back to any game with AI I used to play with (SWAT4 SP for example). The tactical decisions are easy and on the fly, but very limited, perhaps rightfully so, but theres only so much you can do, and make them do. Heres where SWAT4 shines, but thats a tactical sim anyway.

R6, although did not take the throne from RS nor SWAT4 (because its just not a realistic sim, just a "tactical FPS", if even that...), but it has set several benchmarks for future tactical realistic FPS games to follow. And its SP is damn fvcking fun, especially for a good story-junkie.

Music ripped and playing on my PSP :P

Comment

yeah its a superb game, single player is great, story line, squad play. Multilayer is also great, even though they did tone down the gfx slightly, but that still doesn't ruin the awesome game play

Comment

the AI and cover system are probably the best features of the game. the storyline, while interesting doesnt at all seem believable.(mercenaries/terrorists effectively shutting down an entire city that is)

its agood game. but it is NOT a rainbow six game, the only thing it really shares with the original games is ding chavez and the Rainbow name.

Comment

yeah the story line was not very convincing, but still good imo, the ending was kind of crude as well. I kind of saw it coming

Comment

Originally posted by Whistle View Post
                    the AI and cover system are probably the best features of the game. the storyline, while interesting doesnt at all seem believable.(mercenaries/terrorists effectively shutting down an entire city that is)
                    Its Tom Clancy. Its "realistic" but not "real". Besides, when was the last time you saw a believable Single Player story?

I found AI to be that good, that Im not touchin any older game with AI dependancy ever again.

its agood game. but it is NOT a rainbow six game, the only thing it really shares with the original games is ding chavez and the Rainbow name.
                    Yeah, unfortunately so. But thats UBI and the console market to blame. Never seen that many disappointed players as when Suckdown came out though, that was a whole internet disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                      Its Tom Clancy. Its "realistic" but not "real". Besides, when was the last time you saw a believable Single Player story?
                      plenty of times actually. my gripe with it not being a rainbow six game is the fact its incredibly linear with very little room for planning out your own takedown, split the team up and go through different doors is only so effective.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                      Yeah, unfortunately so. But thats UBI and the console market to blame. Never seen that many disappointed players as when Suckdown came out though, that was a whole internet disaster.
                      raven shield generated alot of hate towards Ubi, that was a good game, a bit different from r6 and rs but still good. Lockdown killed the rainbow six series though. Vegas was merely the bastard child who happened to have the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistle View Post
                        plenty of times actually.
                        Im an SP junkie, yet the last time I played a game that was "real" and not just "realistic" was... never.

my gripe with it not being a rainbow six game is the fact its incredibly linear with very little room for planning out your own takedown, split the team up and go through different doors is only so effective.
                        It is, I wholeheartedly agree. But while we have the mission/stage based games where you plan through an entire map, I rather loved Rainbow Six VegasĀ“ linear approach. Not because it was "linear" as in "boring", but because it was progressing so fast, along with the storyline. If you paid close attention to the time frame, it all happened during what... 24 hours? Of which I had a game time of 15 hours. So it was all very on the fly and focused on the story. Gameplay was very intuitive and based on "trial and error", which is a direct proof of game being made for console junkies. Map layout was logical though and this really only gives you so much to work with.

Lockdown killed the rainbow six series though. Vegas was merely the bastard child who happened to have the same name.
                        Indeed it was, however tactical FPS fans longed Vegas to be the one who saves the few that had stuck to RS and those unfortunate who didnt have much more choice than SWAT4. If you went and checked it, the scene is dead, unfortunately. However, despite its not being what it was supposed to be, the main gripes are actually RSV being filled with bugs, being unoptimized and being a sloppy port. It not being as realistic and tactical as R6 title implies isnt really the reason why the game is unpopular on PC.

Comment

Vegas is a must get if you like modern weapons

Comment

yeah 522 commando ftw with acog scope

Comment

Working...
                            X