PoE:2 Frontline Game Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoE:2 Frontline Game Mode

I'm not quite sure why more people aren't playing this game mode in PoE:2 because for me, it's just as good - perhaps even better - than the conquest game mode.

The fights are so much more intense because everyone is essentially in the same area of the map all the time. You don't get the odd lone wolf going behind eveyone to cap a flag on the otherside of the map like you do in conquest, instead it's just constant fighting. There are still tactics and teamwork in this game mode: it's pointless just running up to the flag like in conquest, for example. Instead you have to work together and time capturing a flag right in order to take it over succesfully.

The only thing I have against this game mode is the fact that I'm not sure what impact capturing a flag and progressing your frontline actually has. I think they should implement a -5 or -10 ticket penalty for losing a flag, and if the enemy captures flags all the way to your home flag, your tickets bleed away.

But regardless, it's still a great game mode and I suggest everyone give it a try if you haven't yet. If you don't even know it exists (!) - you can select the game mode from the server search screen and it'll show servers playing that mode.

Also, if anybody plays Frontline on UK/European servers (because I can never find any games) then I'd be interested knowing about them! :hmm:

Rant over - just thought I'd give this game mode some deserved recognition.

Re: PoE:2 Frontline Game Mode

Agreed, while I was playing POE2 that was my favorite mode. All in all, POE2 is a really good mod, but IMO Frontline mode makes it one of the best mods for BF2.

Comment

It sounds fun, but I can only play singleplayer, and most mods only have conquest for singleplayer. We're so left out.

Comment

has to do with servers running it. The very few servers that are popular don't run it. But it is a really good game mode

Comment

Working...
        X