Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat-switching in chopper not welcome by a lot of servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seat-switching in chopper not welcome by a lot of servers?

That, and mastachillakilla2 DID seat-switch against me earlier this week (albeit unsuccessfully), later complaining that TVing was newbish. Of course, that's after I handed him his *** a few times in a row with the MEC heli. He didn't like that.

Comment

ya peeps say its a "Glitch"
      and no really its not a glitch i do it all the time.
      really if you dont kill them by switching then tv'ing they wont complain.

Comment

mastakillachilla is just a noob.

Comment

Odd...

The one thing that I've seen repeatedly pointed out on servers as to why seat-switching in the helis is illegal is the one point that I haven't seen mentioned here....
          That seat-switching will break an STA lock.
          Is this a glitch? Yes. Hence why alot of servers consider it exploiting and have made it illegal, whether you use it because of this or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis159
            Odd...

The one thing that I've seen repeatedly pointed out on servers as to why seat-switching in the helis is illegal is the one point that I haven't seen mentioned here....
            Is this a glitch? Yes. Hence why alot of servers consider it exploiting and have made it ilegal, whether you use it because of this or not...
            I find this to be a very valid reason for a kick and a ban.

Truth to be told, people will not really get all mad about being kicked if there are server rules stated and visible. This kind of BS nonsense occurs when sore losers, often admins kick using a BS rule.

Comment

Admins generally instigate the argument and kick you on the basis of "admin abuse": it happens so often that I've since stopped counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis159
                Odd...

Is this a glitch? Yes. Hence why alot of servers consider it exploiting and have made it illegal, whether you use it because of this or not...
                This theory isn't proven and thus like that cannot be implied in the rules of a server, unless admins have a prefference where they dont like "good soloers".

I have been taken down by jets, AA's and others while seat switching, so the "lose the lock" doesnt apply.

Comment

Originally posted by vikonic
                  This theory isn't proven and thus like that cannot be implied in the rules of a server, unless admins have a prefference where they dont like "good soloers".

I have been taken down by jets, AA's and others while seat switching, so the "lose the lock" doesnt apply.
                  I never said it was always successful, but I've seen it done firsthand effectively.

And yes it still does apply because servers will still kick you for it.

Comment

ahhhh the memories for getting kicked for soloing/hacking. cant believe these forums are still active and so many ppl still play bf2.

Comment

lol the master himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                        That, and mastachillakilla2 DID seat-switch against me earlier this week (albeit unsuccessfully), later complaining that TVing was newbish. Of course, that's after I handed him his *** a few times in a row with the MEC heli. He didn't like that.
                        exactly what he said to me after I pwned him

Comment

lol anyone who complains about soloers just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by vikonic

Actually, I DID prove it with a video posted a while back. I had my wife get in mobile AA in a local server and flew over her. I let the first two missiles hit and then switched and watched the other two fly on by. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but it does sometimes and really bugs people. To the person in the AA, the lock doesn't appear to be broken, the missiles just dodge the aircraft. Yes, I say "aircraft," because I also did it in a bomber a few times. That one REALLY pi$$es people off. Insta-kill lock on with no defense against it = followed by

Comment

lol!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bob055
                                on our server, we have the rule "no chopper seat switching" because theres no skill init at all. it shows that you cant fly the chopper and kill people being the pilot. i never seat switch and never will. its a lot more fun having dogfights with other choppers and taking them down. Seat switchers just go up really high and then switch for the TV. The no.1 chopper pilot mastachillakilla2 never seatswitches and doesnt need to hes that good. so please dont do it and try to learn to kill people with the normal pilots rockets its easy when u practice a lot and u get way more kills.

peace
                                This rule is SOOOOO incredibly lame! Seat switching takes much more coordination; single-seating is harder, but more effective. The only reason to justify a rule like this is to prevent leaving those waiting to gun. So, is it illegal to take a gunner up to blow the other single seater out of the sky? This rule was obviously made by guys who don't know how to use a gunner properly, and hate being consistently blown away by TV missles... Learn to make the TV missles miss is the real answer. I have visions of noob pilots who swoop down to fire missles that miss all over the place while the gunner is never given a proper shot and the helo is exposed to ground fire. I'm glad I've never played on a server with this weak rule

[EDIT] BTW - I only single seat when there is no gunner around...

Comment

Working...
                                X