Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat-switching in chopper not welcome by a lot of servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seat-switching in chopper not welcome by a lot of servers?

Originally posted by bob055
    he can do it if he wants, i cant stop him but IMO i think its skillless, anyone can do it but can people take down choppers easily with out TV'ing ? thats the skilled chopper pilots, not thosse that go real high up and seatswitch all day.
    These are the dumb pilots, and when they face a skilled soloer, will be knocked off the sky way before they get a chance to close in and use the rockets.

Comment

It's not a rule that can be really enforced, though if we put our server to a chopper map we discourage it for teamwork purposes.

Comment

It disrupts game play

Comment

Originally posted by shiftymoves
          It disrupts game play
          Soloing disrupts gameplay!? We're freeing up another soldier for flag captures while dominating the skies. I don't think you understand what soloing has to offer...

Originally posted by vikonic
          Okay, lately I am getting kicked (even banned) from servers for seat-switching and tving in the chopper. No base-raping, no carrier attacks, just plain seat switching in air and taking the other chopper out.

I dont understand this, because Ill give an example from the last server that i got kicked from.

I was playing on dragon valley, (not sure the name of server) and I managed to take back woodyard while being on PLA side. However I forgot that my spawn point was set to power station, and since there was no vehicles around, i decide to take a hike to woodyard and get into the heli. At that moment admin (who was in the USA team), drives by with the jeep and switches to the 360* gun and shoots me down. I spawn at woodyard, get in the chopper and tv him when he was in the tank he stole from power station.

He said if i do that again he will ban me. I say well, how is it okay to seat-switch in the jeep to get a kill on me, but not in a chopper. Apparently, my argument wasnt taken into consideration and i was banned.

I just think that people complain too much about this so called "glitch", yet it is okay to switch positions in a jeep and take out infantry. I call that BS and people should either learn the technique, or learn to avoid TV's

What is your view on this?
          It hasn't happened to me in a while, but I totally know where you're coming from. Just find a better server to play on... the good ones understand the validity of this style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch my balls
            99% of pubbers can't hit a stationary target with the TV missle, so it's a waste of time to have them in there anyway. Just find a server that isn't run by a bunch of bitches and play on.
            exactly... at first i didnt even think you could move the TV guide...

Comment

on our server, we have the rule "no chopper seat switching" because theres no skill init at all. it shows that you cant fly the chopper and kill people being the pilot. i never seat switch and never will. its a lot more fun having dogfights with other choppers and taking them down. Seat switchers just go up really high and then switch for the TV. The no.1 chopper pilot mastachillakilla2 never seatswitches and doesnt need to hes that good. so please dont do it and try to learn to kill people with the normal pilots rockets its easy when u practice a lot and u get way more kills.

peace
              No skill in seat-switching? You obviously haven't met me in battle. Holy sh*t are you in for a rough awakening. I can outfly 99% of the pilots in this game and probably outshoot 85-90% of gunners: give me a solo chopper and I'll do a lot more damage than jets.

You make the assumption that seat-switchers just stay really high, wait for targets and fire? You (again) obviously haven't seen me in battle and don't know what you're talking about: good soloers are always on the move, keep a running count of vehicle spawn times and basically leave the opposition without armor of helis. Mastachilla was a blackhawk whore who circled flags while seat-switching to the gun: your idol is the very thing you despise... rich irony indeed.

Watch my videos and tell me I stay up high waiting for target opportunities. Go ahead, I dare you.

Comment

Ive got clashing views on solo-choppering.

For one, it takes a lot more skill than just flying, however using FFARs is arguably harder than using the TV missile. Its also a natural way up in the challenge and gameplay ladder for a pilot, and this happens a lot if the pilot lacks a designated gunner.

On the other hand, a chopper in BF2 is a tandem vehicle and "should" be used as such.

So no, I dont like colo chopper pilots, but I disagree with anyone saying it takes "less skill" to be a soloer.

Comment

he can do it if he wants, i cant stop him but IMO i think its skillless, anyone can do it but can people take down choppers easily with out TV'ing ? thats the skilled chopper pilots, not thosse that go real high up and seatswitch all day.
                  I can use unguided very well, but their use should be limited to ground targets and close-proximity heli fights only: if you try to make your way to a good heli in the hopes of using them, odds are you will get TV'd before you get 100 yards in...

Originally posted by Touch my balls
                  99% of pubbers can't hit a stationary target with the TV missle, so it's a waste of time to have them in there anyway. Just find a server that isn't run by a bunch of bitches and play on.
                  That's the immediate solution. Ultimately, we need to educate people on the subject of soloing so that it becomes a little more accepted. As it stands, we're the "gay marriage" of BF2. :laugh:

Comment

sloi is an evl choppa wh0re who disrups gameplay. stat whipe now!

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                      I can outfly 99% of the pilots in this game and probably outshoot 85-90% of gunners
                      That is a very bold statement. I'd like to fly with you once, not gunned for a while (been playing infantry) but I've always struggled to find a good pilot for me. When I'm gunning and I'm on form, I hit targets before they even realise there is a chopper in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
                        These are the dumb pilots, and when they face a skilled soloer, will be knocked off the sky way before they get a chance to close in and use the rockets.
                        Bingo.

bob055, you may think using unguided is skilled (romantic, even), but it won't matter if you can't make it 50 yards in my direction. Not only can I outfly you... but I can TV too: now what are you going to do? I'll tell you what: you will complain that we have no skill for using TV.

Comment

seat switching is wrong in my opinion.. i have always hated it. This game is meant to be team based and when you are flying a helicopter and switching seats that is just being selfish. Heck, i have seen many of your kind tk the gunner so they can have the chopper to themselves which i think is really wrong. I wish the helicopters in bf2 were like the ones in poe2.. if you switch from the pilots seat to the gunners the helicopter starts to go out of control which prevents that kind of thing from happening. Oh, and if you start with the whole thing about how you always get a "noob" gunner, etc. just remember, everyone starts somewhere and you should give them a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            sloi is an evl choppa wh0re who disrups gameplay. stat whipe now!
                            I agree. Wipe my stats now! Please, think of the children!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
                              That is a very bold statement. I'd like to fly with you once, not gunned for a while (been playing infantry) but I've always struggled to find a good pilot for me. When I'm gunning and I'm on form, I hit targets before they even realise there is a chopper in the sky.
                              My xfire is on the left: add me and we'll fly around sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                                My xfire is on the left: add me and we'll fly around sometime.
                                Thanks, I've added you.

Comment

Working...
                                X