• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules....Should we/Shouldnt we ????

It was mentioned on another thread...
    Players having fun.

What is fun?

The problem is the interpretation of "Fun" One persons fun is anothers pain in the a$$. Some find it fun to TK.... I dont, some like to nade spam....you may not.

Can the rules of a server dictate how a game should be played... or is the rule makers stifling the players fun?
    Can we create servers to accomodate individuals ideas of fun?

Would people play on a server who had
    1. No Bunnyhop / DolphinDive.
    2. No Baseraping.
    3. No Nade/claymore spam.
    Players and Admin Will Police These Rules.
    Teamwork and Maturity Only.

Is this fun? Personally for me yes, but Iam along the lines of "realistic" compared to "action game". I like to kneel behind objects, look through the sights, cover my team mates as they slowly leap frog their way towards the target, slow and steady.
    Where others want to run around like loonies and spray and pray.

Can players police the rules?
    One server I was on had a no Arty on uncap, yet when the cammander did and a player objected he was called a noob and ignored. The admin did nothing, but that player had the guts to speak up. But in the world of BF that isnt admirable, its childish. We sow what we reap.

I think the people who TK & ridicule other people who are trying to make this game enjoyable and fun for the majority, are COWARDS and GUTLESS in the real world. The only time they can bully others is in the safety of there own room.

Iam asking for serious answers, if your here to start a fight...choose another thread.
    Cheers....and have fun.:hmm:

Re: Rules....Should we/Shouldnt we ????

IMO the only rules should be no glitching, cheating, hacking and tk'ing. everything else is fair game. If DICE didnt want us to bunnyhop, dolphin or baserape, then they would have made it impossible to do so. as we all know now the current tk/punish system is flawed. and now you can force tk's which is very lame. I have played on ranked ff off servers and they are alot funner to play since u dont have to worry about someone shooting you to get to a vehicle first or the runway lamers. as it is now most servers have way too many rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
      If DICE didnt want us to bunnyhop, dolphin or baserape, then they would have made it impossible to do so.
      If DICE didnt want us to TK, force TK or wall glitch then they would have made it impossible to do.

Sorry bigpappa, Iam not trying to be a $marta$$ but Ive heard this a hundred times. If Dice/EA had built and patched better none of these issues would be in the game.

Comment

1. No Bunnyhop / DolphinDive. - rule is against the ROE
        2. No Baseraping. - may be set in clan ranked servers
        3. No Nade/claymore spam. - rules is against the ROE

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
          So Indianscout, if I read this right, ROE actually have a rule stating that a server cannot stop players bunnyhopping, dolphindiving, nade & clay spamming?
          Wow.... Can you tell me why these rules were put in place? If your privy to that info....thanks.

Comment

Even though I hate stupid server rules, it's up to you because you're paying for the server. So I guess what's fun for you and your mates who will play that regularly should determine which rules you want.

Comment

By the looks of these rules you should probably just start a Project Reality server. Your yourself in the post said you liked it realistic. You can't dolphin dive or bunny hop very easily or affectively. The player base doesn't like base raping. You can't nade spam, you can only have 2 nades, plus there is a 10 second delay between throws. Claymores are realistic so they are more like C4 you have to flip a switch for them to go off, so you can't just spam and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by oddANGRYshot
                If DICE didnt want us to TK, force TK or wall glitch then they would have made it impossible to do.

Sorry bigpappa, Iam not trying to be a $marta$$ but Ive heard this a hundred times. If Dice/EA had built and patched better none of these issues would be in the game.

yes i know, its lame that people complain about these things and make up rules against them and all that needs to be done is for DICE to make a patch to get rid of all of these things...

BF1942 and BFV survived just fine without the ROE.

Comment

if bunnyhopping and dolphin diving is against noone is paying attention to that particular section. i have never seen a single person so much as warned for doing so, much less kicked, banned or reset. id like an explanation

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
                    if bunnyhopping and dolphin diving is against noone is paying attention to that particular section. i have never seen a single person so much as warned for doing so, much less kicked, banned or reset. id like an explanation
                    He's saying that server admins can't make a rule against it. Bunnyhopping and dolphin diving are protected by ROE.

Comment

It was mentioned on another thread...
                      Players having fun.

What is fun?

The problem is the interpretation of "Fun" One persons fun is anothers pain in the a$$. Some find it fun to TK.... I dont, some like to nade spam....you may not.

Can the rules of a server dictate how a game should be played... or is the rule makers stifling the players fun?
                      Can we create servers to accomodate individuals ideas of fun?

2. No Baseraping.

Is this fun? Personally for me yes, but Iam along the lines of "realistic" compared to "action game". I like to kneel behind objects, look through the sights, cover my team mates as they slowly leap frog their way towards the target, slow and steady.
                      Where others want to run around like loonies and spray and pray.

Can players police the rules?
                      One server I was on had a no Arty on uncap, yet when the cammander did and a player objected he was called a noob and ignored. The admin did nothing, but that player had the guts to speak up. But in the world of BF that isnt admirable, its childish. We sow what we reap.

I think the people who TK & ridicule other people who are trying to make this game enjoyable and fun for the majority, are COWARDS and GUTLESS in the real world. The only time they can bully others is in the safety of there own room.

Iam asking for serious answers, if your here to start a fight...choose another thread.
                      Cheers....and have fun.:hmm:
                      Totally incorrect, come over, I'll tk you all day.

as many servers as I see with this in the rules i thought it was ok by roe

Comment

I never had any problems with rules even though some are just plain stupid, untill tonight. I was kicked for 1 min tonight in a server for flying over there main base, but I was in chase of the enemy plane and shot it down..next thing was "kick for 1 minuite for flying over the main base". I thought that was the dumbest thing ive ever heard. So I waited and got back in just because I wanted to whoop some ars and we did everytime, but they bombed our base with planes...server abuse or mistake? oh well f*&k it. I kept playing and hopped back into a jet but everytime I gave chase there plane would fly over there base and ild break off only to find that the fooker was behind me now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zahir-Hussein]Totally incorrect, come over, I'll tk you all day.

No you wont....3 times and then your GOORRRRNNNNNEEEEEE

I havent seen a TKer for a while, first she shot me in the back... I stopped and looked at her...no I wont lower myself down to her level, so I resumed running towards where the fun and fighting was...so she shot me in the back again.

Zahir was that you? PMS? Come on cherub, buck up.... jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks your a c*ckhead.

Comment

[QUOTE=oddANGRYshot]
                            Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
                            Totally incorrect, come over, I'll tk you all day.

No you wont....3 times and then your GOORRRRNNNNNEEEEEE

I havent seen a TKer for a while, first she shot me in the back... I stopped and looked at her...no I wont lower myself down to her level, so I resumed running towards where the fun and fighting was...so she shot me in the back again.

Zahir was that you? PMS? Come on cherub, buck up.... jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks your a c*ckhead.
                            Sorry but that depends on the server and how many punishes they allow or if punish is even enabled or the max neg score before kicking. If that were the case I could just play as usual and kill you randomly the entire game.

And no I don't play under any other name, I have other accounts but they're from the past. I do tk alot but all the ones on this account is from runway kills (people standing under your plane taking off). My tk account is a number. I havent even used it in hmm weeks, well not since my last format/re-install which was 2 months ago.

I don't believe in jesus btw. Thanks anyway.

Comment

2. No Baseraping.
                              nope because its like being at school again, you can do this but not that blah blah blah,

i prefer the servers with no rules that way its more fun especially when the sides swap after each round so their can be no whinging about base raping when their bound to doit next time around.

i find it funny when clanners come to the a server and complain about base raping only to be told by the regulars its allowed and they go off and have a hissy fit :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X