Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boycotting 2142? or too cheap?

heyhey,

So you're boycotting BF2142? Or you're just not into the "space" theme. Well I have a news for you.

I played the Demo and wasn't impressed with it, but figured I'd buy the game just for the new maps and boy am I glad I did.

BF2142 is a more indepth game than BF2. The firefights, my friends, are absolutely intense, the unlocks are well done. Okay..I still think the idea of a Walker is stupid, when wheels will do, but EA/Dice managed to give us a bunch of sweet spots to take those suckers down.

To give you an idea...I bought 2142 and it sat on my desk for about 2 weeks before I opened it. Now, I can't get enough and equate it to when BF2 first came out.

I have yet to play a full round of Titan. The 64 player maps in Conquest mode are just crazy.

Most of all, you really have to think twice before you use your unlocks.

Anyway.

If there is anyone on the fence....just buy it and thank me later.

As for the bugs...yeah 2142 has a few...but nothing that has affected me...except for the occassional CTD...yes they have another patch out.

But it's well worth it.

Just thought I'd share.

Re: boycotting 2142? or too cheap?

I suppose I fit into the 'not into the space theme' category. That and considering all the problems I have had with BF2 I wasn't exactly jazzed about giving more money to those _______. (Fill in the blank)

Comment

I found Bf2142 so incredibly boring, and non-challenging that I quickly found myself playing for points, ranks and unlocks. Every time I sat staring the launch icon I was battling with myself. Either to give the game another chance (to bore me to tears, literally) or to play BF2 or SWAT4. Finally, I just took the game down get some space.

BF2142-
      A boring RPG with a lot of unused potential.

Comment

Originally posted by RolandThompsonGun
        I suppose I fit into the 'not into the space theme' category. That and considering all the problems I have had with BF2 I wasn't exactly jazzed about giving more money to those _______. (Fill in the blank)
        Thats exactly how I feel about the whole thing. I put up with all the bugs for all those patches but when they had the whole 1.3 patch fiasco that was the last straw. The BF franchise wont see 1 more penny from me until they change their ways dealing with the community.

Comment

not into the space theme

Comment

uhh, i dunno i like the idea of a space battle, but i get bord of bf2 easily if there aint none stop action, and i find myself spending more time out with friends, so to spend more cash on another game which will bore me and that prob will sit there for a long length of time would be pointless, plus im getting into the high ranks on BF2 let alone starting from scratch on another BF2 type game.

Comment

1. EA. 2. Don't like space theme. 3. Dice. 4. EA.

Comment

Im laughing at people who talk about BF2142 as if it was space age. BF2142 is NEAR FUTURE game. It should be called BF2042. In fact, if youd check the game out, the only 2 things that really tell you that DICE tried to impress you are CTDs and walkers. Most of the game feels like BF2 in a post-modern shape. Everything is more modern than post-modern.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                  1. EA. 2. Don't like space theme. 3. Dice. 4. EA.
                  Hey Super....dont forget 5. EA & Dice

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    Im laughing at people who talk about BF2142 as if it was space age. BF2142 is NEAR FUTURE game. It should be called BF2042. In fact, if youd check the game out, the only 2 things that really tell you that DICE tried to impress you are CTDs and walkers. Most of the game feels like BF2 in a post-modern shape. Everything is more modern than post-modern.
                    You are a metal gear solid lover, and by the name im guessing resident evil lover aswell, right on my friend, right on they rule do those games, back to topic though.....

Comment

2142 Forum- the_bruce_Lee
                      At first, I was very pleased with it. It was incredibly fun, the game ran well, didn't really have any problems with the game. Now, the game is running like trash for some reason, and it's become a bore fest. I can't believe I would ever be calling a BF game bore fest, but this is what it is to me now. I guess the thing is, all you do in this game now is kill people, there's no tactics. See, the thing is, this games infantry combat is NOT good enough for that kind of game. The games that are just based around killing people are done to perfection. The infantry combat is designed specifically for that, that's why you can play those games so long. BF2's engine is pretty good for a BF type of game. However, BF2142 is just all out action. BF2 was a superb game because tactics, the action and everything was balanced so well. In this game, it's just action. The idea of a game to just have nothing but action isn't bad, but the problem is this isn't suppose to be based on action 100% of the time. This engine isn't good for that type of game. That's why I guess it's getting so boring now. BF2's excitement didn't last forever, but it didn't really get boring over time. It was always fun, maybe not as fun as when you first got it, but it always stayed fun. This game, was very exciting at first, now it just seems flat. I rather have dice remake BF1942 with better graphics, and just enhance the feel of weapons and vehicles and everything, but keep the maps and the whole idea of the game the same. that means no stats and ranks and medals, this is also leading to people just trying to get points...

I played the demo and knew it was cr@p.
                      Stat padders, point whores, patches/bugs galore... thanks but its as obvious as dog balls on a kitten that its a piece of EA/Dice $hite.

Comment

Originally posted by UoH.RepT|LE
                        You are a metal gear solid lover, and by the name im guessing resident evil lover aswell, right on my friend, right on they rule do those games, back to topic though.....
                        We, the people who care about games with interesting content which makes you think, need to stick together and breed as much as possible :laugh: .

The biggest grudge against BF2142 is... it didnt deliver what it supposed to.

Comment

I'd rather not support a bug filled, ad ridden mindless shooting game - especially one which is just BF2 in a new coat of paint.

OMG NEW COLOURS!

Comment

SF crap,, EF crap,,, AF crap,,,, im not going to pay 50 bucks to find out once again we have crap, they should keep adding new maps for bf2 instead of wasting time on more crap

Comment

Originally posted by Delphian=FFL=
                              they should keep adding new maps for bf2 instead of wasting time on more crap
                              it would be nice if USER made maps were allowed on ranked servers, I made some really cool maps for UT99 and UT2K4, if ranked servers were allowed to host them, Id definetly be willing to sharpen my BF2 map creating skills as I got several ideas for some maps that I think people would really like

Comment

Working...
                              X