Binding text to a key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding text to a key

Is there a way to bind a simple sentence to a key? Alot of times I'm the only person across the river in Karkand, and it would be great if I could say "Team spawn on me and we can take this or that flag"
    Its rediculous to stop and type the entire message over and over again.

thanks in advance

Re: Binding text to a key

Voip?

Comment

I bet you can do it with macros using some 3rd patry software like autokey.
      You just bind your designated key to recorded macro (~ key, then text to say) and you got it. I bet there are people that already using this. Just ask around.
      BTW I know what you mean about getting people to spawn on you when you the only one accros the river. Most of the time I'm the one who will get there first.
      I always create own squad and i do invite people to it. If I'm lucky few smart ones will join and spawn.

Comment

But arent macros bad? I mean you get so much bad talk about them thesedays, i know text macros arent as bad as dolphin diving if bad at all but some people may seem different

Comment

In such a way they aren't bad. But most people use them in the wrong way (Normal Humans can not do the same action as done with a macro as it is much preciser.) So if you want to know why type macro in search and you'll find dozen of topics.

I don't think there is a say command as in Counter-Strike etc. Where you could bind all sorts of things.

It's a not usefull console some commands can be typed in it but that are a few.

And I just use VoIP to communicate with others as it is much better and faster

Comment

Medal of Honor let you do that.... the consol command was bind p "spawn on me" or something like that... it would obviously bind the p key to say whatever you wanted. You could do all sorts of binds and stuff... I don't know sht about the consol in BF2 though besides maybe getting my fps or my guid
            xfire: chodda
            steam: w0ofz

Comment

Originally posted by Tld_lithium
              I bet you can do it with macros using some 3rd patry software like autokey.
              You just bind your designated key to recorded macro (~ key, then text to say) and you got it. I bet there are people that already using this. Just ask around.
              BTW I know what you mean about getting people to spawn on you when you the only one accros the river. Most of the time I'm the one who will get there first.
              I always create own squad and i do invite people to it. If I'm lucky few smart ones will join and spawn.
              I tried a macro program already but it was way complicated!! I will look for another and if I find one I will let everyone here know...
              I think macros for dolphin diving is wrong, but for text I think its great!

Comment

Originally posted by SEIKAI
                Is there a way to bind a simple sentence to a key? Alot of times I'm the only person across the river in Karkand, and it would be great if I could say "Team spawn on me and we can take this or that flag"
                Its rediculous to stop and type the entire message over and over again.
                Just spend $10 on a mic and you won't regret it. I could never play this game without VOIP.

Comment

Working...
                X