Flight Sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flight Sim

If you pay $25 dollars as I have done you get more screenshots/more sounds/videos/updates... I do not know why but whatever...

and I agree with you "WHY?!" it is a pain in the <-- glute for someone who has not paid

Comment

I've been flying the Su-25T in LO:FC for about a year know, love it. Really good fun if you join and "online squadron" (mines the 159th - www.the159th.com). Getting myself a nice X-52 (got a cyborg evo atm), looking forward to the black shark expansion pack....if its EVER released lol.

How long did it take you to get to grips with F4.0 "Why?!"

Comment

Originally posted by ScOpE
        I've been flying the Su-25T in LO:FC for about a year know, love it. Really good fun if you join and "online squadron" (mines the 159th - www.the159th.com). Getting myself a nice X-52 (got a cyborg evo atm), looking forward to the black shark expansion pack....if its EVER released lol.

How long did it take you to get to grips with F4.0 "Why?!"
        That's really a hard question to answer. As soon as you think you've figured something out, you find out that there is a whole new layer to the original task with so many options. Learning F4.0 is a very progressive and as you learn how to do something, you see that there are so many other things you can do instead. Getting down the basics of most of the weapon deployment and radar functions was a week I would guess. But like I said, there is just so much more to it than just that.

I hope that made some sense. It really is a hard question to answer. The more you spend with the sim the more you see what it has to offer.

Comment

Thanks, I think I'll go order it off play.com now... btw amen to your sig...so true.

Btw, does it support track IR?

Comment

Almost every thing to do with views support Track IR. Especially Lock On

Comment

Yeah I know it works for LOMAC, half of my sqn uses it. I can't afford it yet, but want to get it. I have to use the hat on my stick to look around atm.

Comment

Lock on is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScOpE
                  Thanks, I think I'll go order it off play.com now... btw amen to your sig...so true.

Btw, does it support track IR?
                  Due to the age of the game the answer to that is yes and no.

There is a virtual cockpit with working TrackIR, and it works just as it would in LOMAC I imagine.

However, the game was not designed to be played in the virtual cockpit. You lose a lot of functionality when you play in the virtual cockpit. I believe the virtual cockpit is for dogfights to make view transitions smoother. The game was actually designed around an unbelievably detailed 2D cockpit where every single button actually does something. So to really fly the plane you must be using the 2D cockpit.

I will admit that I have been out of the loop for a long time, so things may have changed since I last checked.

Comment

Working...
                  X