Reducing crosshair size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing crosshair size?

Coming from counter-strike, it seems the crosshair is the size of a small town.

Any way to reduce it? It's funny because CSS limits what colours you can have, and allows whatever size you like, and in this it's the other way round. I'd like my crosshair to be about 3mmx3mm, I use cl_crosshairscale 3500 in CS.

Please tell me something this simple can be done...

Re: Reducing crosshair size?

Sorry, cannot be done.

What you can do is make the crosshair almost transparent, and put a dot on your screen. But thats just one of a few suggestions.

Comment

Are there any programs that could give me an overlay? I mean, FRAPS and ATI Tray Tools can show FPS in the corner, any tools that can give me an x-hair?

Comment

Thought the dot overlay was not alowed?

Comment

There are several ways to make your own crosshairs but I wouldn't go into it because I'm sure s o m e o n e here will cry hack. I haven't done it since I like the current crosshairs but I have seen it done. I'm not sure if it will be deemed a exploit on a pb screen or not, I don't see how altering a crosshair would be unless for example taking the blackout out of the sniper zoom or something like that.

Comment

There are 2 programs which draw a dot, or a crosshair on the screen, with the crosshair, you can adjust the size to one pixel dot. The problem is, that Punkbusted MBL bans for the use of those things. And Ive been banned for 2 minutes by Punkbuster for using the crosshairs. I wouldnt call them hacks, but technically youll get burned for using them.

Comment

Here is my understanding of crosshairs....

Crosshairs are related to accuracy deviation. The standard crosshair size means each shot can go anywhere within the virtual circle your crosshairs makes. The more you shoot especially in full auto the wider the cross becomes and the greater your deviation, hence the less your accuracy.

Even with the laser dot scope on some weapons... more times than not, where the dot is at on the screen is where your bullets aren't going to go (because of the deviation). Best case scenario for distance shooting is 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 bullets will hit.

This is why it takes half a clip of ammo to kill someone from a distance with full auto machine gun in the game. If it takes 5 shots to kill someone (at a distance), then you will expend 20 to 25 rounds of ammo in doing so.

Again this is just my understanding of the crosshairs and their purpose in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                There are 2 programs which draw a dot, or a crosshair on the screen, with the crosshair, you can adjust the size to one pixel dot. The problem is, that Punkbusted MBL bans for the use of those things. And Ive been banned for 2 minutes by Punkbuster for using the crosshairs. I wouldnt call them hacks, but technically youll get burned for using them.
                Just block PB it's not that hard as long as you keep the software up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
                  and end up with a hardware ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
                    Here is my understanding of crosshairs....

Crosshairs are related to accuracy deviation. The standard crosshair size means each shot can go anywhere within the virtual circle your crosshairs makes. The more you shoot especially in full auto the wider the cross becomes and the greater your deviation, hence the less your accuracy.

Even with the laser dot scope on some weapons... more times than not, where the dot is at on the screen is where your bullets aren't going to go (because of the deviation). Best case scenario for distance shooting is 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 bullets will hit.

This is why it takes half a clip of ammo to kill someone from a distance with full auto machine gun in the game. If it takes 5 shots to kill someone (at a distance), then you will expend 20 to 25 rounds of ammo in doing so.

Again this is just my understanding of the crosshairs and their purpose in the game.
                    thats correct, when the crosshairs widen up I cant hit nothing, so short bursts works good.

Comment

You realize that you have a 22 post per day average? Wow...

Dot overlays will upset punkbuster.

Comment

now when someone accuses you of hacking dont tell them ur not coz if ur willing to try those programs then ur gonna try aimbots and all that stuff

Comment

So basically there's no alternative without getting PBed?

Another thing, would a Radeon X1600 play the game any good? It's a slideshow with an X600 (well, playable @30fps on medium detail but barely), I'm considering an upgrade.

Comment

i got used to it anyway so i dont need the crosshair smaller, but you came back from CSS as i did

Comment

Oh well, too much adapting to be done nowadays.

The M203 grenade launcher makes a kick *** mortar by the way,

Comment

Working...
                              X