Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why people don't just download the damn 1.41?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why people don't just download the damn 1.41?

Frankly, why the hell people's so reluctant to download a single file?
    Damn, it's ONLY 536 MB. It takes a little more than 1 hour to download that at 110 Kb/s (my connection speed). I bet most of you get better speeds.

Patching itself won't take too long either, because if you already have 1.4 it doesn't patch everything from "the beginning" all over again. It just patches as an incremental would do.

I have been tracking the number of servers running each version and naturally 1.41 numbers are rising:

As Of Now:
    1.41 servers: 3072
    1.4 servers: 2191
    [Previous]

But this stupidity/stubborness split the players in a half and some of my fav. servers are running 1.4, some 1.41
    For F's Sake, EA is probably NOT going to release an incremental anytime soon.

Seriously, EA/Dice should give 24 hours for all servers to patch to the latest version. If not, stats coming from them should not be counted. This would be the perfect solution.

Re: Why people don't just download the damn 1.41?

for some reason when i dl it, and tried to install it takes FOREVER for it to "run" idk why...

Comment

Originally posted by 5cent
      for some reason when i dl it, and tried to install it takes FOREVER for it to "run" idk why...
      Reboot and patch it on Safe Mode. (I had to do this almost all patches, using incremental or not)

Worked perfectly for me.

Comment

FINALLY took 30 min after i clicked it to run lol

Comment

Imo, we should have pulled something like this back when 1.3 was released. We should have just stuck with 1.22. Or better yet, 1.12

Comment

really, I agree. Straferight is the fastest out there. I think they are approaching OC-45 speeds. Really though, people could just download it when they go to bed, then install it when they wake up...assuming any of these people take a shower in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
              Imo, we should have pulled something like this back when 1.3 was released. We should have just stuck with 1.22. Or better yet, 1.12
              that is exactly what I did; 1.22 was the best IMO and I refused to touch 1.3

Only after not playing BF2 online for like 3-4 months, did I patch up to 1.4 when it finally came out; still haven't grabbed 1.41, but I probably will soon (even though I am not sure it was needed)

Comment

People will download and install it. Despite how they b1tch on the forum. Unless it is known to be incompatible with the mod(s) they play.

..but it is entirely unnecessary for the patch to be that large. It was a small update for a single bug. It should be incremental. They didn't even bother with a proper change log.

It's just poor execution and code practice all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                  I said the same thing in another thread. I think everyone should have gone back. Problem was, AF was out and everyone wanted that.

Comment

my download speen is 51 kb/s
                    that will take me 2-3 hours, its not long, and i proberly got the slowest internet connection here, well one of the slowest

Comment

Mine is still running 1.4 and traffic is crazy! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Boztech
                        It's just poor execution and code practice all around.
                        do you expect anything less from EA

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
                          do you expect anything less from EA
                          hard to say who's at fault. I work with a HUGE networking vendor and sometimes we muck up patches and sometimes the patches are mucked up by their poor planning.

This is one instance where DICE isn't at fault, it really is EA. DICE doesn't distribute or make aware of patches, EA does. For shame EA - where's the post-login marker for "UPDATE NOW SOLDIERS" instead of "Buy 2142"

Comment

Its proven that all bf2 noobs move on to new versions like 1.41, now the noobs make threads that there aren't enough servers to play on/empty servers, so they get bored and exit BF2 and whine on the forums about how we should now all install the patch for them.

Well no.

Comment

n00bs update. vets stay in old versions

priceless. When you start playing video games more, let me know.

EDIT: I came off like a jerk - sorry about that. But you get my point. I'm trying to be ironic.

Comment

Working...
                              X